Curriculum Development Assistant
Full-time. Initially 12 months fixed-term. Salary £19,000 - £22,000 per annum. 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday.
Application closes Friday 7th December 2018.
If you wish to apply for this post, please complete the Application Form and email it to Human Resources
There are no specific tutor vacancies as this time but you are welcome to contact us to register your interest.
Is being a DLC Tutor for me?
As a DLC tutor you will need to be able to ring your students every week (negotiated between yourself and the students) apart from holidays. You need to mark work accurately within the two week turn around period. You will also need to able to write academic references.
You need to enjoy helping students meet their goals, go the extra mile and love seeing students blossom and grow.
You will be the sort of person who keeps up with what is going on in the sector and be able to give good and valid advice on your student's goals. You also need to want to be part of a team and yet autonomous so that if you do not know something you will ask, or even drop in for a cup of tea.
What you do not need to do is write all your own materials and assessments. These are all provided for you, but if you think that you can improve things please let us know as we are always willing to make things better.
What we look for in teaching staff
If there are no specific vacancies advertised above; tutor job opportunities do arise periodically so please feel free to contact us if you would like us to inform you next time a vacancy arises. Because we are based in West Yorkshire and have regular meetings and updates, you should be within one hour or less travelling distance from the Registered Offices in Todmorden. The criteria below are generic, for specific advertised vacancies, selection criteria will be provided specific to that vacancy.
- A PGCE or other relevant teaching qualification and have English, Maths and a Science at GCSE C or above.
- Have experience in Teaching Adults.
- Have experience in Teaching Access to Higher Education Diplomas.
- Have an excellent telephone manner.
- Be very IT literate.
- Be able to work flexible hours.
- An honours degree in appropriate specialist subject.
- Have an A level or equivalent qualification(s) in relevant specialist subjects.
- Able to use social networking sites.
- Have knowledge of distance learning tutoring.
Tutor Application Documents: