The MoD Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme - application procedure
The MOD's Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme is an initiative to promote lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces.
DistanceLearningCentre.com is an approved learning provider on this scheme (Learning Provider ID 4227) and our courses can be found on the ELCAS database where you will also be able to find the Course Codes you will need for your authorisation. We are listed as Provider: DistanceLearningCentre.Com Ltd
Full details of the scheme, eligibility criteria, approved course and how to apply can all be found on the ELCAS Web Site www.enhancedlearningcredits.com.
Application procedure for DistanceLearningCentre.com courses
- The ELCAS Web Site is the main source of information you will need and is also updated regularly with any changes. However, the information below will help you with the part of the process specific to studying one of our courses.
- Whichever stage you are at prior to finalising your course (just thinking about it, wanting to find out more etc.), the best starting place is to complete our Online Enquiry Form. We will then send you full details of the course and answer any questions.
- The next stage is to Apply for your course. This does not put you under any obligations at all but it does create an account so we can note that you are hoping to get or have had ELC funding approved so can keep track of your progress towards starting the course and how it will be funded.
- Pay your Enrolment Fee online. When choosing your payment option, please select single payment.
- Before your Course Start Date, if you haven't done so already, you need to login and pay the remaining amount of your contribution to the fees online (i.e. your total contribution less the amount you already paid for your Enrolment Fee). You will not be able to start the course until you have made this payment in full as we cannot invoice the MoD for the remaining 80% unless we can confirm to them that you have already paid your full contribution.
- When we receive payment of the invoice from the MoD we will credit the amount to your DLC Account. Until that time, your account will show a negative (arrears) balance, but please don't worry about that, it will sort itself out as soon as the funds reach us from the MoD.
Standard Learning Credits (SLC) - Armed Forces Personnel can apply to use the Standard Learning Credits towards the cost of their learning for GCSE and Level 2 Progression Awards. If you want to use Standard learning credits to study with DistanceLearningCentre.com, you must take advice from your local Education Officer to understand the eligibility of using SLC for a course and how to apply. SLC is a refund scheme and operates as an annualised allowance from 1 Apr to 31 Mar and cannot be carried forward from year to year. SLC monies are paid to claimants upon completion of learning and you will be required to provide proof of payment and proof of completion or attendance.