The MOD's Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme is an initiative to promote lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces.
DistanceLearningCentre.com is an approved learning provider on this scheme (Learning Provider ID 4227) and our courses can be found on the ELCAS database where you will also be able to find the Course Codes you will need for your authorisation. We are listed as Provider: DistanceLearningCentre.Com Ltd
Full details of the scheme, eligibility criteria, approved course and how to apply can all be found on the ELCAS Web Site enhancedlearningcredits.com.
Application procedure for DistanceLearningCentre.com courses
- The ELCAS Web Site is the main source of information you will need and is also updated regularly with any changes. However, the information below will help you with the part of the process specific to studying one of our courses.
- Whichever stage you are at prior to finalising your course (just thinking about it, wanting to find out more etc.), the best starting place is to complete our Online Enquiry Form. We will then send you full details of the course and answer any questions.
- The next stage is to Apply for your course. This does not put you under any obligations at all but it does create an account so we can note that you are hoping to get or have had ELC funding approved so can keep track of your progress towards starting the course and how it will be funded.
- Pay your Enrolment Fee online. When choosing your payment option, please select single payment.
- Before your Course Start Date, if you haven't done so already, you need to login and pay the remaining amount of your contribution to the fees online (i.e. your total contribution less the amount you already paid for your Enrolment Fee). You will not be able to start the course until you have made this payment in full as we cannot invoice the MoD for the remaining 80% unless we can confirm to them that you have already paid your full contribution.
- When we receive payment of the invoice from the MoD we will credit the amount to your DLC Account. Until that time, your account will show a negative (arrears) balance, but please don't worry about that, it will sort itself out as soon as the funds reach us from the MoD.
Standard Learning Credits (SLC) - Armed Forces Personnel can apply to use the Standard Learning Credits towards the cost of their learning for GCSE and Level 2 Progression Awards. If you want to use Standard learning credits to study with DistanceLearningCentre.com, you must take advice from your local Education Officer to understand the eligibility of using SLC for a course and how to apply. SLC is a refund scheme and operates as an annualised allowance from 1 Apr to 31 Mar and cannot be carried forward from year to year. SLC monies are paid to claimants upon completion of learning and you will be required to provide proof of payment and proof of completion or attendance.
The website and materials were easy to navigate and the Facebook group gave me extra reassurance and support.
The tutors were supportive, patient and most importantly motivated me to carry on when I found it tough. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing to gain an extra qualification to achieve their dream career. Emily
The learning materials were excellent and they exceeded my expectations. I would like to thank my family and the tutors for their amazing support.
I am happy to say to have secured a place to study a Nursing Degree this September. I cannot recommend them enough. Yannick
The course is excellently written with information perfectly explained for those who have been out of education.
I completed mine whilst working full time, undergoing several overseas military deployments in support of the COVID pandemic. I could not have done this without them, my tutors were with me every step of the way! John
Support of tutors, & the wider student community were fundamental in enabling me to overcome adversity. The peer support of fellow students proved a wonderful resource. People of all ages & backgrounds united in their desire to study & self-develop, quick to offer help & encouragement. So I became active in supporting others through the Facebook Group. Richard
I have dyslexia. They suited all my needs. It was flexible, affordable, and the modules offered would provide me with the fundamental basics to study a Law degree.
They did more than help me get into my dream Russell Group university studying Law. The whole experience finally made me feel academically worthy. Sam
Tutors and staff have been fantastic in helping me achieve the grades I need, as well as any other situations I needed support with.
I applied to 2 universities and have received conditional offers from both.
I have achieved more credits than the offer requires, it wouldn't have been possible without them. Aaliya
I loved the flexibility that comes with the course and the outstanding tutors.
I have since been offered a place from two universities to study a BSc in Adult Nursing.
It is in this regard that I strongly recommend them without hesitation for any person who would like to reboot their career. Mehluli
I was very nervous about beginning my studies as I thought that Access to HE Diplomas were aimed at mature students, being 17 at the time of beginning my studies. But I was so wrong!
The Diploma is for anyone wanting to enter higher education. The staff, and my tutors especially, couldn't have been more accommodating and supportive. Beth
From day one I found my tutors to be incredibly friendly, supportive and accessible. They encourage independent learning, but are always there to give guidance and answer questions of any kind.
The learning materials are brilliant; extremely thorough and logically laid out in topics and sub-topics, so you move smoothly through. Victoria
The materials were easy to follow. I received advice from others via the Facebook page & from my personal tutor, who was always so quick to answer any questions. During the modules, I developed my research methods & even my English improved. I am far more confident in finding the pros & cons of every theory. I now feel I am in a far better position & I am currently enrolled on an LLB Qualifying Law degree. Sean
They stood out for me because of their flexibility and affordability.
Enrolling to study remotely for a science course, was overwhelmingly nerve-wracking but my tutors were very kind, supportive and helpful. Their support allowed me to excel and achieve high grades. I have now secured a place at a university. Fanny