Online courses to suit your lifestyle

ABID and University Entry Requirements

ABID Entry Requirements

In order to apply successfully, you will need:

    1. Non-English-speaking countries. You will need to hold an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) at Level 5.0 or above; or a PTE Academic Qualification in English with a score of 29 or above.
      • If you already have IELTS or PTE at the required level, you will be required to upload a copy of your Certificate with your Application. This must have been completed within the last 2 years.
      • If you do not have IELTS or PTE at the required level, find out more about IELTS, PTE and how to get them >>>
    2. English-speaking countries. If you are from an English-speaking country, you may not need IELTS/PTE. We use the same list to define English-speaking as used by the UK Government for people applying for a Student Visa. The list of countries can be found here: List of English-speaking countries.

  1. You will also have a writing task, a short interview and a diagnostic invigilated test in Mathematics with us. The Mathematics test includes: mental arithmetic, using graphs and measures, and problem solving. Find out more >>>

University Entry Requirements

Some universities will also require other qualifications and evidence of study in order to offer you a place. These will be detailed in the entry requirements for the particular course at the university you wish to apply for.

  • Universities will usually require IELTS or PTEs from entry, if applicable (see above).
  • If you already hold qualifications that were studied outside the UK, your university may wish to see a Statement of Comparability to check that the qualifications you have meet their entry requirements. These can be obtained by contacting UK ENIC (formerly known as UK NARIC).
  • If you do not already hold the required qualifications, we provide a range of UK qualifications, which can be studied online from outside the UK, to provide you with the qualifications you need to fulfil the university entry requirements. These are: IGCSEs, Functional Skills and Awards of Progression. We can advise which would be most suitable for you.