Be an NHS Hero
Study at home. Save the NHS. Protect lives.
With the Covid 19 Coronavirus pandemic having major impacts on all our lives, now is the perfect time to embark on a career in nursing by distance learning.
You could become one of those heroes who are saving lives and making sacrifices for the benefit of all of us.
Even if you are stuck at home, you can make a start right now because problems like college closures, self-isolation, social-distancing and travel restrictions do not apply. All your study is online.
The NHS, which we all love and are so proud of, is in crisis. By becoming a nurse, you can do your bit, not just in the short term, but in the long term. And the career opportunities are greater than ever before:
Coronavirus Appeal - £1000 donated
We said that for every Like or Share of this page, we would donate £1 to the National Emergencies Trust Coronavirus Appeal. A big thank you to all of you who helped us to donate £1000.
Rickelle started her nursing career by studying an Access Diploma with us. Here is her real life NHS hero story.
She wrote: "I just wanted to say a massive thank you. I completed my access course and both functional skills with you last year and I’m now in my first year of nursing. Uni wrote a news story about me and I wouldn’t be in this position if it wasn’t for your amazing tutors!"
- Nursing bursaries - from September 2020, degree-level students studying nursing, midwifery and some of the allied health subjects will receive a non-repayable and non-means tested grant of £5,000 a year to help with living costs.
- New nursing jobs - the Government has pledged to provide 50,000 new nurses.
- More job opportunities - there are already around 40,000 nursing vacancies within the NHS.
Access to Nursing and other courses
- Other Courses - we provide courses across a wide range of subjects as well as Nursing, including: Paramedicine, Health Professions, Health & Social Care, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Medicine and many more.
- No entry requirements - studying an Access to Higher Education Diploma is the way to get started, there are no entry requirements (except for Medicine), so even if you have no qualifications, completing the course with the right grades can get you a university place.
- Our track record - DistanceLearningCentre.com has been providing Access Diplomas by distance learning for over 25 years and we are proud to have seen thousands of learners go on to take up university places and become fully qualified nurses.
- Giving you confidence - you will have your own personal tutor to support and guide you through the course. It can be paid for in easy to manage instalments and you can study at your own pace. Many of our learners have been out of education for some years and our tutors have the skills and experience to help you get back into the swing of things.
- Apply now - and you could have already taken your first step and started your studies within the week. If you have some questions or would like to request a callback to discuss the course, please Contact Us.