Now is the perfect time to embark on a career in nursing or other health professions by distance learning.
You could become one of those heroes who we so respected and admired during the COVID-19 pandemic, who were saving lives and making sacrifices for the benefit of all of us.
The NHS, which we all love and are so proud of, is in crisis. By becoming a health professional, you can do your bit, not just in the short term, but in the long term. And the career opportunities are greater than ever before.
A real life NHS hero story
Rickelle started her nursing career by studying an Access Diploma with us. Here is her real life NHS hero story.
She wrote: "I just wanted to say a massive thank you. I completed my access course and both functional skills with you last year and I'm now in my first year of nursing. Uni wrote a news story about me and I wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for your amazing tutors!"
Coronavirus Appeal - £1000 donated. During the pandemic, we said that for every Like or Share of this page, we would donate £1 to the National Emergencies Trust Coronavirus Appeal. A big thank you to all of you who helped us to donate £1000.
- Nursing bursaries - from September 2020, degree-level students studying nursing, midwifery and some of the allied health subjects will receive a non-repayable and non-means tested grant of £5,000 a year to help with living costs.
- New nursing jobs - the Government has pledged to provide 50,000 new nurses.
- More job opportunities - there are already around 40,000 nursing vacancies within the NHS.
Access to Nursing & other health professions
- No entry requirements - studying an Access to Higher Education Diploma is the way to get started, there are no entry requirements (except for Medicine), so even if you have no qualifications, completing the course with the right grades can get you a university place to complete a degree in your chosen career.
- Our track record - DistanceLearningCentre.com has been providing Access Diplomas by distance learning for over 25 years and we are proud to have seen thousands of students go on to take up university places and become fully qualified.
- Giving you confidence - you will have your own personal tutor to support and guide you through the course. It can be paid for in easy to manage instalments and you can study at your own pace. Many of our students have been out of education for some years and our tutors have the skills and experience to help you get back into the swing of things.
- We provide Access to Higher Education Diplomas across a wide range of health-related subjects. Click any course to find out more: