Awards of Achievement
For outstanding achievement on DistanceLearningCentre.com Access to Higher Education Diplomas, whether academic or personal.
Win back half your Access Diploma course fees!
What has changed? These Awards of Achievement used to be called the 'Fab 5 Awards' but, based on the experience of the last 4 years, our judges felt that making 10 awards instead of 5 created a better opportunity to recognise the amazing achievements of more of our learners. They felt that every year they had to eliminate too many of the nominated learners from the awards, when they really wanted to mark and celebrate their success.
Who are they for? The Awards are open to any student who achieves a full Access to Higher Education Diploma with DistanceLearningCentre.com. One set of Awards are made in August each year, for students who completed their Access Diplomas and were entered for the previous November or June Moderations.
What do the winners receive? Award winners be repaid half the cost of their Access Diploma course fees in recognition of their exceptional achievements, currently worth £475.00! They will also receive an official Award of Achievement Certificate.
How do I enter? All students who achieve a full Access Diploma are entered automatically. Tutors put forward the names of their nominees and outline reasons as to why they are making the nomination. Other tutors who have worked with the student are also be asked to contribute and comment. The nominations are then judged by the DistanceLearningCentre.com Awards Panel.
What might make someone an award winner? The principal factors taken into consideration by the panel are:
- Helping others − for example, students who are active on the forum helping other students.
- Overcoming adversity − students who have achieved their diplomas even though they have faced adversity or difficult circumstances whilst on the course.
- Academic excellence − students who have personally excelled in their studies. This does not necessarily mean that students have to have achieved all distinctions, it focuses on the 'distance travelled' from when they started the course to their achievement on the course.
When do the awards start? The first round of Awards was made in August 2014 and they are awarded in August each year.
How are the winners announced? If you are chosen as one of the 10 winners, we will contact you before any announcement of the winners list is made. This will be to confirm that you are willing to accept the award and that you are happy to abide by the Terms and Conditions below.Terms & Conditions. Award nominees agree that:
- The Award Panel judges decision is final.
- The amount of the Award will be equal to half the fee for the Access Diploma Course Fee at the time the individual commenced their studies. It will not include the cost of additional qualifications, Awarding Body Registration Fees, additional Credits, the Enrolment Fee or Extension Fees.
- Award winners give permission for DistanceLearningCentre.com to use their name and details about their studies and the reasons why the Award has been made for publicity purposes through whichever media DistanceLearningCentre.com sees fit.
- Award winners will provide DistanceLearningCentre.com with one or more recent photographs and a testimonial about their experiences on the course, to be provided before the Award is finally agreed and an announcement of the winners made.