TAQ 5

alee21al

TAQ 5

Postby alee21al » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi everyone

I am currently completing TAQ 5 of diet and digestion and like a few of the other questions has found it difficult to get started! The question asks:
'Using a diagram, identify and discuss the layers of the digestive tract and how they perform their function'
and asks to focus on the stomach, small intestine and large intestine.
I have sort of worked out a way to lay out the answer (three different diagrams with an explanation of each and then a comparison at the bottom) but after reading some posts on the forum, it has confused me.

I read not to do the stomach as the layer have already been discussed in another question???!? I have not had to cover the stomach layers in a TAQ? Has the question changed? Do I focus on the mucosa, the submucosa, muscularis externa, and the serosa for all three organs and then the differences between? I wonder if someone might be able to help me!?

Thank you in advance!

Anna :P

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 5

Postby Robin Greenwood » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:30 am

Hiya

I would discuss the stomach to be honest since the musculature of the stomach plays an important role, but I'd focus on the layers and the roles they play for each section but also of course there's the innermost layer *hint hint* that varies between the different organs as well as each of the other layers but generally your approach sounds suitable but I'd definitely do the stomach too and I'd definitely do the inner most layer

hope this helps

Robin

alee21al

Re: TAQ 5

Postby alee21al » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi Robin

Got ya!!!

Thank you!

Anna

Return to “Diet and digestion”