HELP: UNIVERSITY APPLICATION VIA UCAS

Feedback about the site. Please suggest useful links and resources to add to the DistanceLearningCentre.com Library.
Monz101x

HELP: UNIVERSITY APPLICATION VIA UCAS

Postby Monz101x » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone give me some advise on my UCAS application I am applying as an independent student as I am doing access to Social Work with Maths GCSEE but would like to send my UCAS off at the end of Nov/early DEC. At this point I would have just finished my Maths GCSEE units and moving onto the Social Work units but as I wouldn't have done enough of the Social Work modules I cannot apply through the DLC. On my UCAS application on the section where I am to fill in my referee's details there are the units I have left as pending for my referee to then put in the predicted grades. How is this possible as my personal referee has nothing to do with my DLC work and will only be providing a reference on my suitability for the course???? Do I and my referee leave this section as blank? it's slightly confusing as some of the Universities I want to apply to look for evidence in your application/reference from your tutor that you will achieve Merits/Distinctions.

Thanks.

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: HELP: UNIVERSITY APPLICATION VIA UCAS

Postby Karen Hayday » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Monz101x wrote:Hi all,

Can anyone give me some advise on my UCAS application I am applying as an independent student as I am doing access to Social Work with Maths GCSEE but would like to send my UCAS off at the end of Nov/early DEC. At this point I would have just finished my Maths GCSEE units and moving onto the Social Work units but as I wouldn't have done enough of the Social Work modules I cannot apply through the DLC. On my UCAS application on the section where I am to fill in my referee's details there are the units I have left as pending for my referee to then put in the predicted grades. How is this possible as my personal referee has nothing to do with my DLC work and will only be providing a reference on my suitability for the course???? Do I and my referee leave this section as blank? it's slightly confusing as some of the Universities I want to apply to look for evidence in your application/reference from your tutor that you will achieve Merits/Distinctions.

Thanks.

Exactly, which is why we wont do it. If you have no assessments at level 3 then there is nothing to fill in as you have no evidence of the standard of the work you produce. So no one is going to be able to say if you are a Merit or Distinction student as all you will have when you apply are passes. Only an academic reference can put in your grades as only an academic can prove this is what you have.

I think from this you can make your own mind up as to what to do.

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Monz101x

Postby Monz101x » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi Karen,

The Assistant Head Teacher at the Sixth Form I attended has agreed to writing my reference for my UCAS application. I have another question as i'm still doing my Maths GCSEE modules and my UCAS would have just been sent off when moving onto the Social Work modules will I need to secure another work placement for any of the modules e.g. observation etc if so I would like to sort this so I can list it on my UCAS for recent experience?

Thanks

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 pm

No you do not need to have work experience for the social work modules, but I would get some if you could as it is always good on your application form.

Good luck in your application.

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Monz101x

Postby Monz101x » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Thank You :)

Lindapaw

HELP UNIVERSITY APPLICATION VIA UCAS

Postby Lindapaw » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 pm

Im afraid Im not able to help you either... my university only have the journals from 1995- otherwise Id be glad to help you. Good luck

Sometimes it works to search for the articles name on google.

Image ;-)

Return to “DistanceLearningCentre.com Web Site”