Check with your Uni!!!

If you are studying Maths GCSE Equivalence then this forum is for you to use for help and support
Forum rules
lilly6jl44

Check with your Uni!!!

Postby lilly6jl44 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:12 am

Hiya,

Just a warning/tip/caution.. I'm doing access to Nursing and I was just about to part with the couple of hundred quid to do the GCSE maths equivalent when my top choice (Southampton University) kindly told me that they DO NOT ACCEPT this qualification.. whereas another accepts the Level 2 Maths. So really check what your choices want.

x

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Check with your Uni!!!

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Yes, you are quite right, some universities will take the normal level 2, Some GCSE equivalences, some GCSE's at grade C and now some even want GCSE's at grade B and we have heard of one wanting 5 CCSE's at C or above. So always check, and get their answers in writng as they sometimes change their minds later.

Karen
DLC Executive Director

rhiannon91

Postby rhiannon91 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:08 pm

hi
what is the maths progression awards awarding body? my uni said that if its different they cant except the award alongside the access??
You can only come through to morning through the shadows - J.R.R. TOLKIEN :gay-rainbow:

Karen

Postby Karen » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:51 am

Hi Rhiannon

I just had a look on DLC website at the courses and here is what I have found:
All of our Level 2 Awards are fully accredited through Open Awards, an Authorised Validating Agency (AVA).

Karen :thumbup:
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

Return to “Maths”