Biology Practical Investigation on stress

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
RickelleM

Biology Practical Investigation on stress

Postby RickelleM » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:14 pm

I am beyond lost here!

Can someone please advise if when looking at ways to conduct the experiment requesting volunteers and arranging to meet at x time to do the tests would be ok? or would it be better to send the questionnaire to them along with the link to my chosen experiment method.. Ask them to fill in the questionnaire and then send me a screenshot/photo of their results?

On the assessment sheet it says that what has been given is not enough for a pass.. However after spending the last 24 hours reading various bits I have zero idea on what else can be done??

Literally hated the write up and not enjoying this module either. :cry:

Rebecca Smith

Re: Biology Practical Investigation on stress

Postby Rebecca Smith » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:46 am

Hi

It is fine to conduct the research in either of the ways you have suggested so you can do this in whichever way you find easiest.

You should supplement the information in the assessment brief by following links for instance to suggested research so that you can include this in your background reading for your introduction in TAQ 5 - this is what we mean when we say that there is enough to pass. It is also other things like showing a good understanding of limitations and suggestions for improvement in your discussion - you will meet the assessment criteria by giving two brief limitations and suggestions for improvement - but if these are highly appropriate, link to the method used and are well explained with perhaps the limitations linking to the suggestions for improvement then this would improve your grade.

I would highly recommend using the podcasts in the assessment and guidance from your tutor in tutorials

Good luck!

Return to “Biology Chemistry and Physics”