Introduction!

New to the forums? Introduce yourself and find out how it all works.
skyefrankie

Introduction!

Postby skyefrankie » Mon May 27, 2019 10:45 am

Hi there,

I'm Skye. I've just begun my Access to English (Humanities) today and I'm a little lost already. Not sure where to start and feeling a little overwhelmed but just thought that I'd introduce myself and see if anyone can offer a little advice as to where I start.

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Re: Introduction!

Postby Rhia Hayday » Mon May 27, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi Skye - welcome! Have you heard from your tutor? They will contact you via email to introduce themselves and to get you started. It's completely normal to feel overwhelmed (there's lots to get your head around), but it does get easier. Do one thing at a time and things will start to click. Before your first tutorial note down any questions that you want to ask so that you don't forget them when you speak to your tutor, and do say that you're feeling a bit overwhelmed - your tutor will be able to help.
In the beginning, having a good look around your account section of the website, reading the handbook, and making a start on your first set of learning materials and self assessment questions (SAQs) is important. Your tutor will be able to help with your individual learning plan (ILP) if you're not sure about this. I would advise looking at setting realistic deadlines for the first 3 units on your ILP in the beginning, and then you can come back to this as you progress through your course.
As you're on the Humanities pathway you will also need to get hold of the texts on the reading list - you can buy them or get them from the library. Making a start with The Bloody Chamber (Angela Carter) would be helpful.
Curriculum Manager

Return to “Welcome Room”