Aggression

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
solway

Aggression

Postby solway » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi,

I am struggling with the TAQ 2 in aggression. It states to have two theories, does this mean to have two theories such as the negative effect theory and the learning theory? Also do I need to relate two different key studies in my essay or would one be enough?

thank you
Sarah

Zoe Reddin
DLC Staff

Re: Aggression

Postby Zoe Reddin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi Sarah,
For TAQ 2 (the essay) you need to use genetic predisposition and select one other theory. You need to explain each of these theories of aggression and support your answer with studies (research evidence that supports each theory's explanation). There are a number of different studies in the materials and you will also find some good resources online. Have a look at the Social Science and Psychology part of the forum as this unit comes under Psychology and so you can post questions and look at other discussions about the unit.
Zoe

Lauzza175

Postby Lauzza175 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi again! Has anyone got any advice for TAQ2 part 2? I tried finding this other forum but no clue as to where it is. What does it mean when It says to apply a brief description of a strategy? also I am guessing that whatever theory you choose, the study you need to explain is the "key study" boxes. But what is it we are supposed to do? TIA

Rebecca Smith

Postby Rebecca Smith » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:47 am

Hi
The second part of TAQ 2 is asking about ways that aggression can be reduced (these are the strategies). These would include things like token economies or CBT for instance - you need to link these to a relevant theory and apply them to David from the assessment brief
Good luck!

Return to “Social Issues in Health Care”