Health and social care provision/Premature mortality

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
KirstyM

Health and social care provision/Premature mortality

Postby KirstyM » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:27 pm

I'm currently working on TAQ 3, part b) about premature mortality in the UK and struggling to condense all the information into 200 words whilst including what's needed. The question is clear enough but doesn't give any suggestion of what should be included. A couple of the links are outdated so that doesn't help. I would really appreciate some pointers please.
Many thanks.

Zoe Reddin
DLC Staff

Re: Health and social care provision/Premature mortality

Postby Zoe Reddin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi Kirsty,
TAQ 3b is asking you to explain what is being done on a national level to reduce premature mortality, so for example, you could look at the Living Well for Longer publication, health checks for diabetes, healthy eating and exercise initiatives etc. You don't have to include everything, just pick out a few and explain them.
Zoe

KirstyM

Postby KirstyM » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:41 pm

Thank you Zoe....I was doing my usual...trying to include everything in a tight word count.
Thats really helpful.

Lauzza175

Postby Lauzza175 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi I am struggling with TAQ3 part a) I cannot make no sense of the data in order to answer the question. I have my own opinion on health provision and whether deprivation is linked but I have no evidence to back it up?

Zoe Reddin
DLC Staff

Postby Zoe Reddin » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi,
When you click onto the data, select the map and this highlights areas of the UK with worse or better rates against the benchmarks. Then go to the data overview and select areas (you could select one from more deprived and one from less deprived areas) and compare the figures.

Zoe

Lauzza175

Postby Lauzza175 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 pm

Obviously we have the data for premature mortality but how do I know where the most deprived areas are? am I completely missing something here or just really over thinking it? sorry

Zoe Reddin
DLC Staff

Postby Zoe Reddin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi,
You can use the Index of Multiple Deprivation map; just search this online and you should be able to find it.
Zoe

Return to “Social Issues in Health Care”