Head has blown already

Sandy2069

Re: Head has blown already

Postby Sandy2069 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:18 am

Hello I am new on this forum. I started my access to nursing in February. I am still on study skills and now doing TAQ on How to prepare for a presentation.
I am struggling on the bit I have to do the auditioning and reflecting on that, I don't have much to write and the question is asking for 500 words. I am a full time working carer.

Any idea on how best I can tackle the reflecting part.
Thanks.
Sandrah

nicky leeth

Re: Head has blown already Planning a Presentation

Postby nicky leeth » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Hi there Sandrah
Hold on to your hats the course will stretch you , that is for sure.
So you are working in care already , fantastic that will give you lots of practical experience and working with other professionals .
Lets look at the verbal presentation that is a 15 minute talk on a topic that you have agreed with your tutor, we give you a list to choose from in the assessment brief . It would be great if you can create a small handout with an image for your audience to look at whilst you talk to them . You then get feedback from you audience . Then the next section is reflection , in your materials you have reflective theories - Gibbs Rolfe Kolb - pick 2 of these - briefly describe your theory then say what is similar about them and what is different and what you have learnt about doing a presentation from each of the theories , then finally say what you are going to do in the future when presenting a piece of information to an audience
Your tutor will be there to help you and we always say book in for a call with them

Sandy2069

Re: Head has blown already

Postby Sandy2069 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Thanks Nicky for your help. getting the grips now. Yet to get feedback from my tutor.

Sandrah

Return to “Induction”