Apple / Word Techie help please!!

TinaH

Apple / Word Techie help please!!

Postby TinaH » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:25 am

Suddenly the menu at the top of my Word doc disappears every time I'm not actually hovering over it.
I managed to fix it (don't know how) but it's doing it again. Mainly, this means I am not able to word count a selection of my document as it word counts the entire document. It's something to do with view or zoom I think - but I can't figure out what. Anybody know how to fix the menu bar at the top of word so it is there all the time (The bar that lists Word, File, Edit, View, Tools etc.)
Thanks

Karen

Re: Apple / Word Techie help please!!

Postby Karen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:44 am

Hi

Just click on the home button and it should appear back. :thumbup:

Then on the right hand side there are a couple of little arrows, if you put your cursor on them you will see it says pin the ribbon, click it. :)

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

TinaH

Postby TinaH » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:58 am

There's no 'Home' button on the Macbook Pro, I googled it and apparently fn and left arrow will do the same function. But it doesn't!
And I've searched through all my ribbon options and can't find any option to pin it - it's driving me crazy! I've wasted hours this morning and I just want to get on with my assignment. Want my PC back! :violin: :D

carrotcruncher

Postby carrotcruncher » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:15 am

Never had this issue on my mac, but I'll have a look when I get home to see if I can replicate and solve it for you

TinaH

Postby TinaH » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks - if I exit Full Screen, then the Word ribbon is there, but then my window is small! And I still can't word count a highlighted selection.
I used to be able to (like yesterday!) have a full screen and the Word ribbon would be at the top all the time and I could highlight a section of my document and word count it.
For now, I am cutting and pasting what I want to word count into a new document and doing it that way - which works, but is a pain.
If you can figure out what the problem is that would be amazing.
It could be to do with the new student answer sheet documents, but I don't think so as I have the same problem with all documents suddenly.
I solved it last time by shutting everything down and restarting my computer and it went back to normal but then the same thing happens again, repeatedly. I can't keep restarting my computer every ten minutes - especially as I have a lot of documents open in Adobe which are password protected plus windows open on Safari and a couple of word docs... I need them all to complete my assignment and its a real pain having to open everything up again. If I restart with the option to re-open all existing open windows, the problem doesn't resolve itself so the restart was pointless.
I'm stumped!
I'm a PC wizz really and this is the first time I'm using Word on an Apple so it's taking some getting used to.

Karen

Postby Karen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:28 am

Hmm. I don't know then!

I would suggest contacting Technical Support @ the usual email address.

I am positive they will help you out :thumbup:

Karen

TinaH

Postby TinaH » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Thanks Karen I will look up the tech email address and drop them a line
Christina

TinaH

Postby TinaH » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi carrot cruncher - just to let you know the tech guys are helping me sort this out so don't spend your time trying to replicate my problem (you might end up stuck with it yourself!!)
Thanks so much for your input though - its great to know people are around to help
Christina

carrotcruncher

Postby carrotcruncher » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:34 pm

ok standing down :thumbup:

Karen

Postby Karen » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:15 am

Hi Christina

A point in the right direction, always helps. :D