Moderations

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
leesh

Moderations

Postby leesh » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi everyone

so I have successfully achieved a uni offer for Sept 2019 !! at a Russel group university and a very competitive course with 25 places and a very tough interview process (nursing) :D

however past couple of months I have had health issues which have set me back with assignments largely :( meaning I havent been able to have entire focus and concentration along with work commitments

I have currently only 3 distinctions set in place with others in marking process.

I need to have 30 distinctions and have already missed the MAY 2019 moderation deadline and therefore am aiming for November mod and uni have said they would accept an interim transcript via DLC

my issue is I have a few assignments remaining (7) :shock: which I feel I can do as I have cut down from working full- time to 2 days a week . to help better my chances of succeeding on the course with distinctions. I suddenly feel like I of course have had to adjust my ILP and according to my ILP I have to commit to one assignment a week and will be completed by the 17th/19th August - my issue with this is:

A) is it doable??? as I have almost 24 hours a day of free time and 0 other commitments - just assignments and researching and have done theses subjects at A level a couple of years ago (only C grades) therfore have appropriate knowledge already and pure dedication I want to emphasise from this that I will not be rushing anything in terms of quality of work.

B) With handing my last assignment in on the 17th/19th August I am afraid that marking may well hold me back of securing the offer... :oops:
as university want a transcript for the 26th August lastest.

Overall, I don't want to miss out on this amazing offer just because of health issues etc it really is not worth missing after all the hard work and prep so far , its a shame also that I got distinctions on all ungraded ones too and a merit on the actual graded! but we learn from these mistakes.

I really want reassurance and really want to get those distinctions and spread the word of how courses with DLC really do make dreams come true :pray:

thankyou and sorry for the long message.

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Moderations

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:23 am

Hi Leesh,
We think that you need more help than I can give on the forum, I am going to look into this for you and will get back to you. Can you please PM me with who you are so we can can contact you personally?

Hope that this is OK?
Karen
DLC Executive Director

leesh

Re: Moderations

Postby leesh » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:36 am

Hi Karen

would you like my contact number/email address ?

I have sent you a PM as I am very worried now...:(

I hope this is possible.

Return to “Biology Chemistry and Physics”