TAQ 2a & b and Criteria

Charlie1980

TAQ 2a & b and Criteria

Postby Charlie1980 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi,

I am a little confused on the assessment criteria for those who wish to 'Stretch and Challenge' themselves which I am assuming is distinction criteria.

TAQ 2a is explaining mechanisms of inhalation and exhalation and 2b is process of gas exchange. However distinction criteria 1.2 relates to both and doesn't really make sense. It is asking for detailed discussion of external and internal intercostal muscles and pressures of gases involved all in one sentence. From what I am guessing 2a covers intercostal muscles, diaphragm and pressure changes and the actual gases involved are covered in 2b Gas Exchange. Is this correct?

But what is meant by 'four out of four' are covered. Not sure what I'm missing but I can't for the life of me work out what these four things are and are these four meant to be covered in 2a, 2b or both questions??

Really hoping someone can enlighten me.

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 2a & b and Criteria

Postby Robin Greenwood » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:56 am

Hiya

It's asking for the discussion of both intercostal muscles and pressures of gases involve within the lungs and atmosphere mainly for the section that deals with criteria 1.2 which has two questions which ask for the process of gas exchange and the process of respiration

It's mainly refering to the four main features of the lungs that allow gas exchange as in the second part of the question for gas exchange

I hope that helps

Robin

Charlie1980

Postby Charlie1980 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Thanks Robin.

Are 2a and 2b both supposed to have annotated diagrams?? It only says it on 2a so have done this for 2a but not for 2b. Really hoping not now!!

Robin Greenwood

Postby Robin Greenwood » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:16 am

Well, I'd say only really use it where it's required, to be honest most of the times diagrams are only usable when directly addressed in the answer and of course don't represent an answer by themselves (you'd be surprised by how often a diagram has been copied off the internet and sent in as an answer)

I hope this helps

Robin

Return to “Gas exchange”