Occupational Therapy Student Update

Find out what happens after the course. What is it like at University? What about careers after that.
Karen31Mc

Occupational Therapy Student Update

Postby Karen31Mc » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi Guys,
Thought I'd just give you a quick update. I've just completed the first year of an Occupational Therapy Degree at Teesside Uni. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed the course and met lots lovely people. Before starting at uni I was a bit worried that being a more mature student (36 years old) and having a young family I would struggle with the work load and also uni life, but honestly everything has been great. So far I have had two placements which have both been very different (physical and mental health) and looking forward to more placements in my second year. I feel that studying with the DLC has really given me a great start with the uni assignments and some of my grades have been in the late 80's, there is no way I could have achieved that without the DLC. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me as i struggled to find people doing Occupational Therapy when I was about to start uni.

Karen :thumbup:

Karen

Re: Occupational Therapy Student Update

Postby Karen » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi Karen,

Its lovely to hear that you're enjoying your journey and congratulations on completing the first year!!

I agree with you about studying with Distancelearningcentre, its going to be a great help to everyone that is due to start University in September.

Good luck with the rest of your journey!! :thumbup:

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

mee3e5

Postby mee3e5 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi Karen,
Thats really good news to hear that you are enjoying your OT placements, and student life, and that you found by completing this course really benefitical . I have just started this course, and I too plan on doing OT . Would it be ok to contact you for advice or help in the short future ? Just in case I am lucky enough to receive a uni interview.

Many thanks

Carol

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi Karen,

Brilliant to hear from you and if you would like to share your story to all our student though the news letter then do get in touch with student services and they will pass your info on to our marketing manager. We wsould love to hear more from you and other past students as it does really help those who are starting their jouney.

best wishes

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Karen31Mc

Postby Karen31Mc » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi Carol,

Sorry for the delay in replying, of course, just message me and if I can help I will.

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:42 am

OK I have sent your info onto Michelle Jones who will get in touch.
Thanks a lot
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Ask our ex-students”