health and social care provision, suggestions?

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
Daniella jewell.

health and social care provision, suggestions?

Postby Daniella jewell. » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi, this is a long shot i know. However, i am currently doing my first graded unit on health and social care and i'm finding it pretty challenging. I'm on TAQ1b and I've been trying to find 2 means of measuring my two chosen services. I have tried looking on the materials that come with the question sheet, but i can only seem to find materials on how to measure quality of care and i am not 100% sure that it is the correct thing for me to be writing about to answer the question. Please if anyone could give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone needs or fancies having a study buddy i am more than happy to study with you.

Rebecca Smith

Re: health and social care provision, suggestions?

Postby Rebecca Smith » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi
Just select one of the services you have chosen, and consider 2 ways that it can be measured. For example, surveys (lots of services provide their users with surveys to gather information on the level of service that they have received). Inspections is another way of measuring the service. You could also look at 'indicators' (process, structural or outcome). When you have selected the measuring systems, make sure that you compare and contrast them, so explain how they are similar and how they differ.

Klay

Postby Klay » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Hi daniella,

I am not too sure i you managed to progress in your assessment but the advice from rebecca is quite good.

What helped me a lot throughout the assessments is good old google, by simply typing in how to measure health and social care you will get loads of up to date information from predominantly NHS and accredited websites, good source is also news websites which tend to go for the critical side of whatever the government attempts to implement (beware of falling in to the biased trap with news articles though).

Healthcare and social care are quite correlated with each other so what may measure one could possibly measure the other, just make sure you find websites to prove your theories.

I am coming up towards the end of the the healthcare topic and will soon begin psychology, however if you have any queries then just give me a shout and I will try point you in the right direction, although the tutors on here are quite spot on every time.

Klay

Daniella jewell.

Postby Daniella jewell. » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Thank you for your replies, i have taken it all into consideration and will try them out. :thumbup: :D

Zoe Reddin
DLC Staff

Postby Zoe Reddin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 am

Hi Daniella,
If you still need some guidance on this TAQ just contact your tutor to arrange a tutorial; you can talk through what you are suggesting for the measuring systems and any other questions you have about the assessment.

Daniella jewell.

Postby Daniella jewell. » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi zoe i have done so however dom is away this week so cant have a tutorial. Im sure i'll work something out.
Thanks for all the advice from everyone.

Zoe Reddin
DLC Staff

Postby Zoe Reddin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:23 am

Hi Daniella,
Maybe you could draft your answer to TAQ 1b, then move onto the next questions and arrange a tutorial when your tutor returns from leave.

Daniella jewell.

Postby Daniella jewell. » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Hi i have done TAQ1b now. hopefully it is correct :D
Klay is there anyway of getting in contact with you as i am not able to receive messages on here. Thank you.

Klay

Postby Klay » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi Daniella,

You need to contact the board administrator to enable private messaging for you, I believe you hit the criteria to have PM as you have posted a few posts already.

The explanation I was given was due to spamming they had to implement a criteria requirement one has to reach before PM's are allowed.

We can go from there as I am unable to put personal information on normal posts due to use and privacy rules.

I am glad you managed to progress further. The course gets more interesting.

Klay

Daniella jewell.

Postby Daniella jewell. » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Thank you Klay i will get in contact with them tomorrow.

KatieJones

Postby KatieJones » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi!

I'm starting my access to health and social care course on Friday, so have a feeling this forum could be useful!

I have completed a level 3 qualification in health and social care already, so might be of some general help if people need it, but don't hold me to that!

Zoe Reddin
DLC Staff

Postby Zoe Reddin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:49 am

Hi Katie,
Thanks for joining the forum and welcome to your studies on the Access Diploma.

Return to “Social Issues in Health Care”