Mental helath issues assment help

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
Chrissiemars06

Mental helath issues assment help

Postby Chrissiemars06 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Hey,

If anyone is currently doing the same mental health issues assessment as me some help would be great. I am on the assessment criteria that asks you to choose one disorder and discuss the impact of it on one age group: adults, children, adolescents or elderly. Since the materials gives you all the information relating to adolescents I would have thought it would be that, but if I am relating it back to the TAQs case study which is 'Johns mum' would I then have to relate it to adults?

All I'm asking is for someone to point me in the right direction :?
Thanks for any help in advance :)

Chrissie

Dominic Quaintrell
DLC Staff

Re: Mental helath issues assment help

Postby Dominic Quaintrell » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi Chrissie,

As it is John's mum who has the mental illness, then it is her symptoms on which you should comment. The materials apply to a wide range of age groups - not just adolescents. For example, take a look at the classification systems from page 23 onwards. It is also a good idea to conduct some of your own research to find symptoms for a particular illness.

As always, I recommend booking in for a tutorial if you're still unsure.

Thanks!

Leppert08

Re: Mental helath issues assment help

Postby Leppert08 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:36 am

Mental illness of mother can cause really bad impact on the child as well so I think that you should relate it to the baby as well in the assessment. I was getting the treatment at the private health care center for my headache and there was a lady with depression and her little girl was also having same issue because of suddenly changing behavior of her mom.

Return to “Social Issues in Health Care”