Essay in restraint !!!

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
CBarrosa

Essay in restraint !!!

Postby CBarrosa » Mon May 29, 2017 9:24 pm

Help, first time doing an essay. My mind is a confusion, a reading everything but nothing seems to make sense :?: :?: :?:

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Essay in restraint !!!

Postby Karen Hayday » Tue May 30, 2017 11:12 am

I think that the best thing that you can do is to ask your tutor for a tutorial and get together first the questions you want to ask, even better send them to your tutor so that you can discuss them in your tutorial and this should help you work out where to start.

Don't be shy do ask your tutor that is what they are are there for
Karen
DLC Executive Director

bethjade

Postby bethjade » Tue May 30, 2017 7:44 pm

I have been working on this for a month and still cant get my head around it, how do I even start an essay?!?! all i've managed is to plan my introduction and I still don't even know how to put that together. HELP?? The theories I was going to use is Utilitarianism and I cant even find another one that I can get my head around - at all. Has anyone done this already? Would I be allowed to read someone's to have a grasp on it? that's how I seem to learn - still cant get my head around not being In a classroom with teachers and students all doing the same thing. I'm fully blagged on reading up on the internet, just makes it 100% more confusing :( i have tried collecting research and writing it down in a notebook and tried writing the essay but its really not going well, its due in 5 days!!! really need some help.. Anyone??

Beth x

bethjade

Postby bethjade » Tue May 30, 2017 8:01 pm

oops.. didn't know it posted twice!!! my bad :?

Bane Harper

Postby Bane Harper » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 am

That's where tutors role come in to play, make sure you ask all of your queries. Hope it helps...

bethjade

Postby bethjade » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:34 pm

I have messaged her and she's helping in the best way she can but I still cant get my head around it :wtf:

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:13 pm

You really need to ask specific questions and let her know what your essay plan will be
Karen
DLC Executive Director

Klay

Postby Klay » Fri May 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi there,

Seeing as the Post dates back to mid 2017, I am unsure how much help this will be however maybe for future it may help.

I am in the process of doing the exact same essay and what has helped is to actually understand the question it is asking...the essay should just be about simply answering the question with support from articles through your research.

As it mentions find the key words, these you can use to define how you are going to answer the question in general all you have to do is link them up so they make sense in the essay.

I have so far written my essay however waiting a day to review it and see after waking up if what I written still makes sense and answers the question about restraint.

Sometimes you may go off on one and not even answer the question at all now those are the frustrating moments when you want to just vent some fury :violin:

If someone asked you the question you would be able to answer them straight away if you think about it and the more you read about what its asking the better your response will be.

Rambled on for a bit but hope it helps.

Klay

Dominic Quaintrell
DLC Staff

Postby Dominic Quaintrell » Wed May 23, 2018 10:31 am

Hi Klay,

Some good advice there. It is also important to include ethical theories in your essay. By including them, you can then use the theories to explain any case studies included. There is one in the materials about Rocky Bennett which is often used by students and really adds to the essay.

Thanks for offering support!

Return to “Social Issues in Health Care”