Principles of safeguarding in health and social Care

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
petlamb83

Principles of safeguarding in health and social Care

Postby petlamb83 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi
I could really do with some help. Could anyone explain what is meant by the evaluation question on safeguarding
thanks

Kat

Sorry I had to edit your post
Karen :)

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Principles of safeguarding in health and social Care

Postby Karen Hayday » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi Kat,
You have to look at what safeguarding actually is and whether it actually is useful in protecting a child, which is evaluating. The look at the legislation/ policy to do with safeguarding and how the needs of the child are met through them.

So if a child is being abused at home, how can safeguarding policies and procedures protect that child, and how effective are they in protecting the child, as policies and procedures are just words on paper how are these put into practice.

On a completely different note please do not write out the assessment question on the forum, you can pm people with specifics but it is giving the game away if the assessment is written out. What I would suggest is to say something like I am having problems with TAQ ? and do not understand what the question is asking for for explain what does it mean evaluate? We can then give you some advice as we can look up the question.

Karen :thumbup:
DLC Executive Director

petlamb83

Re: Principles of safeguarding in health and social Care

Postby petlamb83 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:48 pm

Thanks Karen!

Return to “Social Issues in Health Care”