Introduction to health and social care

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
KirstyM

Introduction to health and social care

Postby KirstyM » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi,

I've recently started the health and social care module of the access to midwifery course and I'm struggling with TAQ 3 which is relating to the black report and social class inequalities in health/social care.
I've over-researched and have far too much information buzzing around in my head.
Does any one have any advice/pointers on how to get started please?

Many thanks
Kirsty

Klay

Re: Introduction to health and social care

Postby Klay » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Hi Kirsty,

I don't believe one can over research a subject, but what one can do is make oneself more aware of a subject, which is why you have so much information now buzzing in your head :violin:

What I recommend is that you read the TAQ and then select that information which best reflects what is being asked of you to write. IF you find you have a lot of information you want to write as an answer then consider selecting that which you find is more relevant or hits the question spot on and use the other bits of information as references to what you are writing about.

For instance you have a bit of information which reflects 3 other similar articles you have read which you can then use as a reference point which may add wait to what you are saying (This is the reason why you could never over-research a subject :dance: ).

However lastly I do recommend that you write about what is in your course material and use as reference that which you have researched online :)

Hope I may have helped in some way.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy NEW YEAR :dance:

Klay

KirstyM

Postby KirstyM » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:51 pm

Thank you Klay, I agree about not over-researching but I think I was jumbling my mind with far too many articles. I've whittled it down to a select few and will refer back to my reading materials-I must remember to use them more instead of gallivanting ahead on the internet.
I think I need to just switch off for the next few days, enjoy christmas and then look at it with a fresh pair of eyes.
I really appreciate your reply, thanks.
Happy christmas. :occasion-santa:

Zoe Reddin
DLC Staff

Postby Zoe Reddin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi Kirsty,
You may have already completed this assessment, however if not I would suggest that you focus on the essay title when constructing your answer. The Black Report will come into it, but also consider more recent reports which state that there are still social class inequalities within health and social care, then look at why this might be. You could also arrange a tutorial to go through your essay plan to make sure that you are on the right lines. The materials will provide a good starting point.
Zoe

KirstyM

Postby KirstyM » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Thanks for your reply Zoe. I'm waiting for my assessment to be marked-fingers crossed.

Return to “Social Issues in Health Care”