Offer of an Interview!!!!

Interview tips for all subjects
Rach H

Offer of an Interview!!!!

Postby Rach H » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:20 pm

Woooooooooop!!!!

Application got sent off yesterday and today I got called for an interview in Dec!!!! So excited I felt sorry for the girl in Superdrug who got the brunt of my grin and happiness :lol:

Anyway has anyone got any experience of a Paramedic based course interviews that they would like to share? :thumbup:

TIA
Strangers think I'm quiet. My friends think I'm outgoing. My best friends know that I'm completely insane.

Access to Paramedicine

Rachel xx

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Re: Offer of an Interview!!!!

Postby PPoskitt » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 pm

That's absolutely brilliant! Congratulations!! Which university is it for? Just waiting for my reference to be approved, so hopefully my application will be sent off soon as possible :) :thumbup:

Having attended previous interviews for Paramedicine, these are the tips I can pass on.....

- Be yourself. Be relaxed. Be calm, but be decisive. They are looking for you to be an honest, caring and understanding person.
- Know what you've applied for. Research the role - not so much in depth - but in breadth. Know a little about everything - giving you plenty opportunities for relaxed discussion.
- Understand that listening is as important as speaking - create a caring relaxed relationship with your interviewer.
- Write down situations that have built you up as a person, so you can remember them well on interview day (e.g, situations where you have had to work under pressure, possibly take charge/lead a team, work as a team, how you have dealt with stress, where you have shown care/compassion to others). Going through these pre-interview will let you answer questions more confidently.

Few tips - hope they help you out :) :thumbup: Wishing you all the best!!!!
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

Jane Dowd
Student Services Manager

Re: Offer of an Interview!!!!

Postby Jane Dowd » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Hi Rach,

That is brilliant news, well done!

Best wishes

Jane

Return to “University interview tips”