Algebra - please help!

scarymary

Algebra - please help!

Postby scarymary » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:29 pm

I am really really struggling with algebra, it is not sinking in at all, i feel so so stupid, sat here crying , I just want to give up, has anyone got any websites they can direct me to, I have looked at bitesize but that just confuses me more. I have emailed my tutor and have a call due with her tomorrow night.

mamania

Re: Algebra - please help!

Postby mamania » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi scarymary, I love your username :D

You sound just like me - I shed many a tear over maths especaially algebra ( did mine when I was pregnant so a dreadfull mix of maths phobia and hormones, I am surprised I still have a husband). Was a little while ago so cant remember specifics but I got through it some how and believe me if I can do it anyone can. I found this quite helpful http://www.coolmath.com.

Good luck :D

ps a large glass of wine helped too x

scarymary

Postby scarymary » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:09 pm

I have had a look at cool maths, thanks for the link, but there are just too many topics to choose from, which bit do i need??? Just wondering if there is any chance that I can get through the assessment without using algebra??? :lol:

michelle

Postby michelle » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Hiya

I didnt do maths so cant direct you towards anything useful - will leave that to the girls who know what they are talking about.

As for not doing it - i wouldnt recommend it - even if you could get through the assesment without it - the stats module has quite a bit of formula and stuff in - which while not algebra per se, might throw your brain into utter panic if you look at them and not have a basic understanding.

As is always the way - these things will miraculously make sense one day - and you will wonder why you were panicking about it!

sarah13265

Postby sarah13265 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi,

When I did the maths module I used the gsce bitesize website, but I also got a basic algebra book from the library - which was really helpful as it showed you step by step how to work them out.

I know it's frustrating when you are stuck with something, but you will get through it honestly.

Good luck

Sarah x

mamania

Postby mamania » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:27 pm

as far as I can remember its this bit

http://www.coolmath.com/prealgebra/15-i ... index.html

x

scarymary

Postby scarymary » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Thanks for that.

rhinos01

Re:unit 4 question 2 c and d

Postby rhinos01 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:23 pm

help ive been trying this for days cannot get it in to my head any ideas

rhinos01

english gcse poverty assignemtn

Postby rhinos01 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:27 pm

any help just recieved it back from my tutor and ive been told i have vered off the track a little the intro and conclusions is where i need the help

Return to “assessments”