Too much information TAQ 2??

ebirrell88

Too much information TAQ 2??

Postby ebirrell88 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Hey guys, any help on this would be brilliant.
I've started writing my self profile but it's just dawned on me that it seems I'm writing an essay about my life since school.
I'm not sure what exactly I should be writing???

Thanks

Emma

amyjane87

Re: Too much information TAQ 2??

Postby amyjane87 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi Emma

This is the question I'm on at the moment. My tutor is calling tonight so if nobody replies by then I can let you know what he says.

My understanding is that it is about the skills, qualities, experiences etc you have gained since school. So for example if you have been in a job where you have to communicate with customers or if you have done a first aid course of if you are a mother and you have experience caring for children etc. I think it may be the stuff we put in a CV so academic qualifications, skills from jobs/ motherhood / caring for sick relatives etc and the skills you have learnt etc. I am not 100% though so will double check and let you know

Thanks

Amy :)

amyjane87

Postby amyjane87 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Just spoke to my tutor. He explained that the self profile is a little bit like your personal statment for uni. Ignore the CV bit. He said you can talk about your qualifications but you don't need to list them you can just say something like I have 4 GCSE'S etc. He said its about a journey of where you have come from, where you are now and where you want to go. He also said it is about evidencing how you are good at something. He is going to email me in more detail tonight and give me a few examples so I will let you know.

He said students often get it mixed up with a CV which I also obviously did.

ebirrell88

Postby ebirrell88 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:04 pm

amyjane87 wrote:Just spoke to my tutor. He explained that the self profile is a little bit like your personal statment for uni. Ignore the CV bit. He said you can talk about your qualifications but you don't need to list them you can just say something like I have 4 GCSE'S etc. He said its about a journey of where you have come from, where you are now and where you want to go. He also said it is about evidencing how you are good at something. He is going to email me in more detail tonight and give me a few examples so I will let you know.

He said students often get it mixed up with a CV which I also obviously did.

Brilliant! That's exactly what I've done. Thank you so so much for replying

gezmaca

Postby gezmaca » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:22 am

Did your tutor email you more information??

Return to “course materials”