Report books

clarelou

Report books

Postby clarelou » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:34 am

Hi

I am REALLY struggling with reports, have only ever written one up and that was for maths level 2, which I ave posted for marking today. Anyway, can anyone please recommend books to help with report writing?

Thanks in advance

Clare lou

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Re: Report books

Postby Rhia Hayday » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:14 am

there are lots of websites that will give you this sort of information. But you need to be careful - some examples will be different to the DLC's (because of content, American vs British, post graduate reports can sometimes have less structure etc.).

If you're talking about the report for the TAQ in Comms, then use the shoe sizes report plan (where it says index sheet, introduction, aim etc) as the basis for this one too. If you're just talking about the content in Comms on report writing, then don't worry about it just yet. Comms is a research module - quite a lot of the content is there for when you start Stats or Biology (you will need to refer back to it). It'll fall into place when you have something to relate it to.

If you know that you should use the layout for the shoe sizes report and you're worried that you haven't done this right, then let your tutor know. When they mark it then they'll be able to tell you if you were spot on with structure, you to write a report etc, or will be able to give you some pointers for your next one.

We recommend books for Biology and Stats and things, but for something like this I wouldn't be happy recommending anything, because your tutor will be able to sort/help you out. Just hold on until your Maths report has been marked. And talk it through with your tutor too - it will help
Curriculum Manager

clarelou

Re: Report books

Postby clarelou » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 am

Thanks for the advice - I will email my tutor today as I posted the shoe size report yesterday.

Thanks again

Clare

Return to “course materials”