referencing for the report

cathers

referencing for the report

Postby cathers » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:31 pm

I've had no problems until now with referencing, but I'm a bit stuck on this one;

I'm compiling a table comparing two unis, all the info I'm getting is from their websites. Do I need to reference every single piece of info (location, entry requirements, placements etc) or do I just put one reference for the whole table of info, or still, do I not reference it and just put the websites in the bibliography? I'm using the anglia ruskin site, but it's not really helping me on this one!!

Thanks,
Cat.

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Re: referencing for the report

Postby Rhia Hayday » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:55 pm

You ideally would reference after each bit. But if half a paragraph is paraphrased from one university, and the other half from the other, then just reference at the end of each section. Eg info on Southampton (reference), info on UWE (reference). If the last reference you made is the same as your next one (eg. introduction info (UWE, 2011), discussion info (UWE, 2011), then you wouldn't put UWE twice. Instead you'd put (Ibid.) on the second reference. That means 'the same as before' basically in Latin and looks better. You will probably have different pages from the same website, if you do, use the title of page, eg. ('Why should you come to Southampton', 2011).

Hope this makes sense?!
Curriculum Manager

cathers

Postby cathers » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Perfect sense, thanks Rhia!

Thats helped loads :D

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Postby Rhia Hayday » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:01 pm

phew :) it felt like a ramble!