Comms TAQ-Comparing Universities

rslater2009

Comms TAQ-Comparing Universities

Postby rslater2009 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi

I am currently doing the TAQ (what I am looking for in a HE institution and how does this relate to my chosen career)

Quite a simple question, just not sure how to go about starting the second part of the question.

Also, should I do it under the headings, Introduction, Discussion, Compare, Conclusion)?

Any help much appreciated.

Thank-you

Roxanne

vicky7

Re: Comms TAQ-Comparing Universities

Postby vicky7 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:03 pm

Aaaagh comms eh!

This is the report I take it? I did:
Intro, a couple of sentences of what the report was (uni choices available, why it suited me)
report, a big table of info i found on 3 uni's available / near to me, ( course number, courses available, contact details, travel time, interview required? DLC accepted, etc etc)
conclusion was a couple of paragraphs about each uni and course and why i had chosen / not chosen them, personal choices mainly, travel time, applicants per place, students gaining employment post degree, oh and did they provide the degree required to gain entry into your chosen profession / career. (that should all have been covered / discussed in taq 1 anyway)

hope this helps, vicky

Loopy

Postby Loopy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 pm

I did this

Intro - this report looks at the benefits of two establishments blah blah blah
Method - each uni was asked the same questions blah blah balh
Questions - listed the questions like did they accept access, are they used to teaching mature students
Table - then I did a table for ease of comparrison
Conclusion - both were very similar but the applicat (me) would chose the one closest to their home for domestic reasons

I wrote my report up and sent it to the tutor who said I had to write it in the passive tense - a report shouldn't include the word 'I' or 'me'.

So, may be worth checking with your tutor whether they want the comparrison in the passive tense or not - may save you some time.

HTH

rslater2009

Postby rslater2009 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:01 am

Thanks girls, that helps.

My tutor rang me last night and said because its you researching and its what your looking for, its ok to write it as 'I'.

Roxanne

meishkablue

Postby meishkablue » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:55 am

Oh no, I think I need to call my tutor and check - I have written a report just as it is, with no intro, no table of results, just several paragraphs on what I want from a uni and a course, oops. I think I better add an introduction.

What happens if we submit and it's wrong, are we allowed to get it back and re-do as it's Level 3?

Helen :) x

Loopy

Postby Loopy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:23 pm

rslater2009 wrote:Thanks girls, that helps.

My tutor rang me last night and said because its you researching and its what your looking for, its ok to write it as 'I'.

Roxanne

That's what I tohought but was told otherwise. Guess it just depends on the tutor.

meishkablue

Postby meishkablue » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Sod it for want of a better word, it took long enough to write and research and it's my understanding of the question so I will leave it as it is, it's not a crap piece of work so we'll see what my tutor says. I'll let you all know for future :)

Return to “course materials”