Thinking About Access to Physiotherapy

Thinking about applying? How does it work? What do other students have to say?
MarkSheldon

Thinking About Access to Physiotherapy

Postby MarkSheldon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi guys,

Just wanted some opinions on the Access To Physiotherapy course and how people got on with it. I'm looking to get onto a BSc in September 2014 so have a good year + to complete it. I work full time but have lunch hours, evenings and weekends to complete. While i know I can do it, the thought of commiting so much spare time to a bit scary as i will need mainly distinctions to get into Birmingham or Coventry Uni! Ive been luckily enough to breeze through school, sixth form and university the first time but feel this will be a lot more work.

Thankfully I have GCSEs in English and Maths and a degree in ICT so can avoid some of the extra work load .

How many hours are you guys doing a week? I'm thinking around 10 a week will suffice on the majority of modules? Also, do you do one module at a time or several at once? Howblong does it generally take to complete a module?

Cheers guys!!

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Thinking About Access to Physiotherapy

Postby Karen Hayday » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:38 pm

MarkSheldon wrote:Hi guys,

Just wanted some opinions on the Access To Physiotherapy course and how people got on with it. I'm looking to get onto a BSc in September 2014 so have a good year + to complete it. I work full time but have lunch hours, evenings and weekends to complete. While i know I can do it, the thought of commiting so much spare time to a bit scary as i will need mainly distinctions to get into Birmingham or Coventry Uni! Ive been luckily enough to breeze through school, sixth form and university the first time but feel this will be a lot more work.

Thankfully I have GCSEs in English and Maths and a degree in ICT so can avoid some of the extra work load .

How many hours are you guys doing a week? I'm thinking around 10 a week will suffice on the majority of modules?
Should be OK as you are giving your self enough time if you start now for 2014 entry with a bit a spare if you get behind

Also, do you do one module at a time or several at once?

You do one at once so as you finish a unit you get the new pass word and start the next

Howblong does it generally take to complete a module?

It depends on the size of the module and the amount of time you have, on a 12 month course each assessment should be generally finished in two weeks then there is the reading time for the materials on top of this, but it is individually negotiated with your tutor depending on your circumstances

Cheers guys!!

Hi Mark I have answered your questions in the text

Karen
DLC Executive Director

MarkSheldon

Postby MarkSheldon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Well I took the plunge and signed up. After wasting so many years with no career prospects, let's hope this is the right path!! :D

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Great stuff

and good luck

Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

Return to “What is it like being a DLC student?”