Advice needed please!!!!

Thinking about applying? How does it work? What do other students have to say?
Nayy82

Advice needed please!!!!

Postby Nayy82 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:27 pm

I am trying to decide which access course will be the best for me, due to present health conditions I can not be certain that i will be able to do nursing or ODP. I may need to consider doing radiography. I have looked at doing the access for for health professions and wondered if that would be accepted at university if my health permitted me to do nursing??? Or before I enrol do I have to ensure which career path I'm going to be taking?
Any advice and tips are greatly appreciated. So then i can sign up ASAP and start the course!!

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Advice needed please!!!!

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Well firstly,

You can take the course slowly so that you may be better health wise before you apply to UCAS.

If you apply for Nursing Midwifery and health professions then apart from some tweaks it is the same course so you can decide later what to do e.e more physics for physiotherapy etc. The course is not set in stone so you can decide later if that is what you need to do.

Also do discuss with your tutor about your health problems as they will be able to advise and if they canot then they can always ask some one.

Hope that this helps

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Nayy82

Re: Advice needed please!!!!

Postby Nayy82 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:29 pm

That's Been really helpful thank you.

Return to “What is it like being a DLC student?”