Access to Nursing

Thinking about applying? How does it work? What do other students have to say?
JSharpe92

Access to Nursing

Postby JSharpe92 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi everyone!

I've just registered with DLC to begin my access to nursing hopefully the week commencing 6/11/17 (once I find out what documents need to be uploaded to complete my application)

I'm wanting my moderation to be at the end of May 2018 with the hope to go to University in September. Having researched and read many other posts on here, I feel I'm fully aware of how much work needs to go into this course and I'm so ready to give my all.

Due to a change in circumstances I'm able to study up to 8 hours a day, hopefully with some good study tips and my tutors support I will be able to complete my work ready for the end of May, is this unrealistic and really not possible? At a very minimum I should ge able to complete 25 hours of study a week.

I hope this doesn't sound silly, I know i'm lucky to be a position to have the study time I, I just know some posts have suggested completing a course before 9months is rare.

Would love anyones feedback.

Thanks loads,
Jen

Joeclass

Re: Access to Nursing

Postby Joeclass » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:35 am

Hi Jen
We are both in the same shoes I myself is hopping to go uni next year September... so i will to put in the work i'm sure it's not gonna be easy but Time waits on no man you know. Anyways I just got my first assessment.
which access to nursing are you doing option 1 or 2?
if you need a study buddy get in touch it would be great...to stay in touch and share both our strength and weaknesses.

JSharpe92

Postby JSharpe92 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 pm

Hey :)

Thanks for getting back!

It's access to nursing 2 I'm signed up for, how about you? I haven't got my first assessment yet - hoping to start on the 6th November and get my head down on Monday! So eager to just crack on.

How are you getting on?

- Jen

Yewande.khwaja89

Re: Access to Nursing/ Midwifery option 1... new student

Postby Yewande.khwaja89 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi

I am new to this forum and I have just started the acces to nursing/ midwifery in the view to go onto apply for uni. I have chosen option 1 so I’m currently going through the English level 1 SAQ etc. How is everyone else finding the course?

Kind regards

Yewande

JSharpe92

Postby JSharpe92 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi Yewande,

Sorry for the delayed reply!

I'm currently reviewing study skills and then will be on to my first assessment, I'm enjoying the course so far but a bit apprehensive on the amount of work which needs to be done, it will definitely be worth it though!

How are you getting on? :D

KMINICOZZI1

Postby KMINICOZZI1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 am

Hi guys,
I have signed up to do my access to nursing midwifery course to start on 4/01/18,
how is every body getting on?

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi Kmini,

and welcome to the forum
Karen :wave:
DLC Executive Director

Ryan.Castle1997

Postby Ryan.Castle1997 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:35 pm

KMINICOZZI1 wrote:Hi guys,
I have signed up to do my access to nursing midwifery course to start on 4/01/18,
how is every body getting on?

Hey,
I see nobody has replied. I'm starting mine on the 11/06/18.. how's yours going so far? Is it option 1 or 2?

Ryan

Klay

Postby Klay » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Hi Ryan,

I opted for option 2 studying health and social care, started around the 11th May and currently on topic one Health & Social Care Provision.

The amount of effort you put in to your studies does reflect the results you get. I hope you do well and what option did you go for and what course?

Klay

cturner

Postby cturner » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi everyone,
I am not really new, I just took a break off my my studies but am back now. Although am not doing Access to nursing but Access to midwifery and GCSE English and Maths. Its a lot of work if you have kids but I need it to get into Uni.
Anyone that needs a study buddy please hola.

Bukky

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:28 pm

I have just seen some one wanting a study buddy called ag2810 on this page https://www.distancelearningcentre.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10584&e=1&view=unread#unread

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “What is it like being a DLC student?”