Essay Map

CXB

Essay Map

Postby CXB » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:34 am

Good morning all,

I have spent the last 45 minutes trying to get my head around using this. The only things it has done is confuse me. I have collected alot of notes etc for the essay, but cant seem to lay them into the correct criteria, ie What is Poverty, Key causes, Key impacts.

Help! I am going to leave it for a little while and come back to it. :thumbdown:

CXB

Re: Essay Map

Postby CXB » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:31 pm

Well I managed to use the Essay Map and completed my essay. I has taken me 4.5 hours. Shattered but relieved. I no have to complete task 6a, 6b, 6c. The onto TAQ 2 and 3.

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Postby Rhia Hayday » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:28 am

Well done!
Curriculum Manager

Weeist

Postby Weeist » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi

What's an essay map? I'm just about to go onto TAQ 2 L2 English and haven't come across the essay map. Am I missing something?

X

Rhia Hayday

Postby Rhia Hayday » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Weeist wrote:Hi

What's an essay map? I'm just about to go onto TAQ 2 L2 English and haven't come across the essay map. Am I missing something?

X

Hi - don't worry, the assessment has been updated since the other posts on this thread. Just follow the instructions on the assessment - there's nothing hidden - I promise!
Curriculum Manager

Weeist

Postby Weeist » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:12 am

Hi Rhia

Thanks. In the assessment for L2 their is a study skills PDF that it looks like you can download 'how to...plan an essay' and 'how to...write and essay'. I couldn't gain access to these PDFs on the study skills page so asked my tutor for the passwords. She said I didn't need to download these PDFs yet, so didn't give me the passwords.

Is this right? Why are they mentioned in the assessment if I don't need to use them? Surely they'd help me write TAQ2 and 3 better?

Also. I received an email yesterday about submitting my SAQsfor marking. I asked my tutor if I needed to upload my L2 SAQS and she said no. Is this right? As the email yesterday said I would need to.

I'm confused.

Rhia Hayday

Postby Rhia Hayday » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:50 am

Weeist wrote:Hi Rhia

Thanks. In the assessment for L2 their is a study skills PDF that it looks like you can download 'how to...plan an essay' and 'how to...write and essay'. I couldn't gain access to these PDFs on the study skills page so asked my tutor for the passwords. She said I didn't need to download these PDFs yet, so didn't give me the passwords.

Is this right? Why are they mentioned in the assessment if I don't need to use them? Surely they'd help me write TAQ2 and 3 better?

Also. I received an email yesterday about submitting my SAQsfor marking. I asked my tutor if I needed to upload my L2 SAQS and she said no. Is this right? As the email yesterday said I would need to.

I'm confused.

Hi - can you PM me your tutor's name please and I'll clarify things with them? Sorry about that!

In answer to your questions:

* you do need to get access to the Study Skills How to Plan and How to Write an essay - use your English assessment password and you'll get in
* yes, you should upload them too - always upload and email your SAQ answers please
Curriculum Manager

Return to “assessments”