Abit confused???!!!???

vicki asquith

Abit confused???!!!???

Postby vicki asquith » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Hiya,

I'm getting abit in a muddle and hopefully will be helped here!

I am doing the access to midwifery course which i started in early March.

I spoke with the university i want to apply to early on and showed them the course i was doing with the DLC.

They told me that it was fine and would give me the entry requirements to get me into that uni.....

I have now recontacted them as i believed the access course wouldn't give me the level 2 maths and english i need to get the entry requirements!

They have said
"Dear Victoria

If you are already doing the Level 2 English and Maths as part of your Access course, then you will be fine as it will be listed as such on your certificate, once you successfully complete the course."

Please can someone tell me if what i am doing within the course is enough or whether i need to add level 2 to the course???

How will the maths and english be listed on the certificate?

Thanks
Vicki

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Re: Abit confused???!!!???

Postby Rhia Hayday » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi Vicki

You need to speak to your tutor really because sometimes universities say things like this and mean 6 credits of English and Maths, or the full GCSEEs - we need to ask the right questions to find out what they really mean. Some answers from them can be really cloak and dagger!

If they mean that the 6 credits you have done in both English and Maths at level 2 will be enough, then great. An example of the back of the certificate can be seen here: http://www.distancelearningcentre.com/a ... ficate.pdf
Curriculum Manager

vicki asquith

Postby vicki asquith » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Thank you rhia

I'm really stressing over this cos if i do need to do the GCSEE i'd like to do them with the dlc but have completed the english and maths part of my course already!!!

I'll let you know how i go

If i do need to do the full lot would i be able to add them on?

Cheers
Vicki

BTW i tried clicking the link but it just threw up a blank page xxx

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Postby Rhia Hayday » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm

If you do need to do them, then that can be sorted. You will use the 6 credits of English you've already done (so you'd have 6 more to do), but we could only use 3 credits from the Maths (the maths project), meaning you'd lose your application of number credits, and have to complete 15 credits of the GCSEE. You are getting in touch with your tutor aren't you?

To see the example of the certificate, go to the website, click on the how you study tab, and then on assessment and certification. Scroll down to the bottom. In the 'exemptions' box, there's a link to 'page 1' and 'page 2' - this is the front and the back of an example certificate from OCN so you can see how the credits look.
Curriculum Manager

Return to “assessments”