Practical assessment

helenf76

Practical assessment

Postby helenf76 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 am

Am trying to get my head around the practical assessment and failing miserably - just don't seem to have retained any of the info from the research and stats module so having to go through it all again!!

Am trying to figure out my IV and DV

Would my IV be the personality types? or the Dot to dot? Assuming that the DV is the pulse rate?

How many participants have other students managed to get? I think I may struggle with numbers of willing participants.

Also - this may sound really stupid, but how much do you brief your participants? Was thinking along the lines of explaining aim, then advising them that the questionnaire is to determine personality type and the dot to dot is the activity - obviously not mentioning the missing number. I would obviously get them to sign a consent form for both tests - but do I need to get them to declare any heart condition /arrhythmia etc and record it???

Debriefing - I am assuming that I would let them know that the test is complete, and that there was a missing number in the puzzle which was the stressful activity.

Sorry so many questions -

Jason O' Mahoney
Head of Social Sciences

Re: Practical assessment

Postby Jason O' Mahoney » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi,

I think you need to have a tutorial with your tutor and go through some of the issues you raise. I would firstly recommend you return to the Statistics Learning materials as a lot of what you are asking is covered in there.

helenf76

Re: Practical assessment

Postby helenf76 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi - yes I definitely do and have arranged this. Have had no trouble at all with the other modules but really struggling with knowledge retention here.

Return to “Open Awards Aspects of health and disease”