HB2 Human Cycle Exam

CXB

HB2 Human Cycle Exam

Postby CXB » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:37 pm

Hello :-)

I would like to know what to expect in this exam. It is a multiple choice, or is it the same as teh TAQ within the assessments? I believe we have to get 50%. My next question is what happens if you dont :thumbdown:

Worried that I am not going to remember anything for Monday when my skype exam is. :crazy: :problem:

Any pointers please as I havent sat an exam in 30 years.

Hear soon.

Anxious Clare

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Re: HB2 Human Cycle Exam

Postby PPoskitt » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi Clare,

So it's a Skype Examination lasting for 30 minutes. You will sign on with your tutor, have a quick chat about how everything will work etc etc. You will be sent an e-mail containing a word document, with a few questions in it. You will open this document, answer the questions (they aren't multiple choice - so one question may be 'Explain Spermatogenesis and where this process occurs?' (totally made-up question there)), and then you will save the document; sending it back to your tutor whilst still connected on Skype.

The pass rate is 50%, and it's a Pass or Fail - there is no grade for this. So just to make sure you get enough marks is important!

The questions will not ask you anything that isn't covered in the Assessment Materials, provided for your module. Read through all of the materials, jot down key points, and revise the materials like you would do for any other exam. Don't go worrying yourself about learning things in more detail from research etc. - the questions are very concise and just need answers extracted from the materials! If there are any points in the materials you're not sure about, be sure to leave a reply to this message and let me know what you're struggling with - I'll try and send you in the right direction!

Read & revise hard until then - You will be absolutely fine :) Just remember, and this is very important (I've said it before) - They will not ask you anything that isn't covered in the Assessment Materials, downloaded from myDLC.

Stay calm, all the best & let us know how it all goes! :) Good luck!!
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

LovelyDay

Postby LovelyDay » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:41 am

Hi Clare,

The questions are very generic because they have to cover all abilities of student but the more detail you can give the more marks you can get. They won't expect you to know the ins and outs of everything but my advice is to look at the course materials and the assessments, also look at any web links that my be included at the end of the course material as the information in there sometimes can appear in exams.

I didn't take the Human Life Cycle exam but the type of level you will be looking at for example could be, what are the stage of the menstrual cycle or what are the two types of reproduction etc.

If you fail you can retake it, but you won't need to do this as you will be fine.

The way I resvise is to firstly go through the material and pick out key points that relate to the main topic and write these out as bullet points, the parts that I find hard to remember I try and find rhymes for or acronyms, for other parts it's just a case of keep writing them out and finally I find that if I verbally explain to myself about that subject it really sticks. Lastly I get a family member to ask me to explain the topics.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Carol G :thumbup:

CXB

Postby CXB » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi Carol,

Many thanks for your message. I am just reading over some details before my test at 4.45. Anxious is an under statement.

I will let you know how it went.

Many thanks again,

Clare

CXB

Postby CXB » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi Phil and Carol,

What an experience, couldnt get the document to open so I could save it :-(. I went through the questions and re-read and re-read a gain.

I did my best, lets hope it is enough. :wtf:

Kindest regards,

Clare

LovelyDay

Postby LovelyDay » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Fingers crossed. Hopefully it won't take too long to mark. X

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Postby PPoskitt » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:26 pm

Fingers Crossed!! :)
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

CXB

Postby CXB » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:29 am

A very early morning to all.

I passed my Biology exam :thumbup: :dance: :D

Phil I will be intouch as I am struggling with TAQ 2 Q 4 & 5 getting the correct codes for the 16 chilren and PTC taster and traits on Heredity, Genetics.

I will now try and get back off to sleep :thumbdown:

LovelyDay

Postby LovelyDay » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:44 am

Well done, knew you could do it. :-)

CXB

Postby CXB » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Thanks Carol,

What a relief :-)

Clare

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Postby PPoskitt » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Brilliant News!

Clare, Have a look at my other post in the other topic you posted in re: Genetics. The links provided should help massively there. Just remember to get the right R's and T's to start with!

Let me know if you need further direction, drop me a message and I'll see where I can aid
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

Return to “Human life cycle”