TAQ 1 Help Please

michelle1

TAQ 1 Help Please

Postby michelle1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi All,

Just looking at the table in TAQ 1 and I am unsure how much detail to go into - the word count clearly restricts a detailed explanation however, I do not want to get marked down for not putting enough!

For example; under nutrition for bacterial would it be sufficient to just put heterotrophic or would I need to elaborate and say they live off other organisms. Similarly saprobes, bacteria that live off dead organic matter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michelle

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 1 Help Please

Postby Robin Greenwood » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:16 am

Hiya

I'd definitely not use single word answers, the key is, as always showing what you know so I'd explain the terms you use with as much detail as you can within the 10 percent of the word count

I hope this helps

Robin

michelle1

Postby michelle1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Many thanks Robin I will see what I can do :-)

michelle1

Postby michelle1 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi Robin,

I have finished the rest of the unit for Pathogens & Disease however, I am yet to finish TAQ 1.

I am concerned that I am not really putting the right sort of information in the table. The materials are quite poor and I am struggling to find what I need, more specifically nutrition on Protozoa and morphology generally.

Do you know of any good sites or books?

Thanks in advance

Michelle

Robin Greenwood

Postby Robin Greenwood » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:59 am

Hiya

the materials for unit 12 are quite limited for a reason, mainly since at universities (and at level 3) it is generally required to also develop the skills for researching the area since a building pattern of independent study is important particularly since lectures at universities dont tend to cover everything that you need to know and students that arent encouraged to develop those skills at level 3 are definitely at a disadvantage

there's some good starting discussion (though not written in a scientific manner) at

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/29 ... bacterium/

and this is good too for just two of the four pathogenic types we need to cover

http://www.wikihow.com/Know-the-Differe ... nd-Viruses

I hope this helps

Robin

michelle1

Postby michelle1 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Many thanks Robin, I will see what I can accomplish over the weekend!

Have a good one.

Return to “Pathogens”