Passwords

sahara112

Passwords

Postby sahara112 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:07 am

Hi

I emailed my tutor on Thursday asking for the passwords for this unit and I still have not received a reply!! My tutor is normally very prompt in replying so this is quite unusual. Anyway, I'm extremely fustrated because 3 days have been totally wasted and I could have been halfway through the assessment by now. If I do not receive the passwords by tommorow is there any other way of obtaining them?!

Robin Greenwood

Re: Passwords

Postby Robin Greenwood » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:24 am

Hiya

I would definitely prompt again and if this continues to say this afternoon, send me a message by the private system along with the name of your tutor, more often than not this is down to email issues

I hope this helps

Robin

sahara112

Postby sahara112 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi Robin

Thank you for your reply. I received the passwords this morning. I do believe there should be an alternative method of obtaining passwords because waiting for a reply consumes far too much valuable time especially in my instance.

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:05 pm

We on the forum cannot give out passwords as you are all anonymous on here and I am sorry to say that students who have not finished work/go on hold/leave etc try to get passwords any way that they can. Some people are quite unscrupulous. Therefore we have to act as if everyone is the lowest common denominator and no one but personal tutors are allowed to give out pass words.

I am sorry but we have has to put this in place because of years of experience. If you have problems with no response on a Friday then do contact student services as they will contact the tutor to find out what is going on. The Heads of Departments and I try to answer posts as they come up but anything like this should be directed to student services they are open 7 days a week and can contact tutors any time apart from Friday 5pm and weekends.

Karen :(
DLC Executive Director

smudge899

Postby smudge899 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Short deadlines that some of us have set are a pain when held up. Not calculating the xmas break means I am now 2 weeks further behind my deadlines.
Apart from the tutor there must be someone in admin who could look up and notice that all is fine for the next set of passwords to be released by private email?
Totally understand your predicament Karen and why it is done but does not help those of us trying to get on in short periods.

Geoff

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:52 am

We used to allow others to give out passwords Geoff, but we found sadly that a minority of students were not quite above board about why that were asking for them, so we had to stop and make the rule that no one but tutors can give out passwords. It is the usual, the few spoil things for the many.

Best wishes

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Gas exchange”