Really struggling

Butterfly90

Really struggling

Postby Butterfly90 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:31 pm

I am struggling so much with this unit, I will be suprised if I only get a pass for this. I can't get my word count down for TAQ 1 to 400, it's impossible to explain the anatomy with that word count? I'm, currently at 790 words. I also do not understand the regulation of breathing and all the business about chemoreceptors and negative feedback? I have read over and over again and I just do not understand it. The same with cardiac cycle and conduction system. This unit is nearly taking me a month. I feel like giving up! I'm not going to but I am really finding this hard. The word counts seem to be so restrictive and my work seems to suffer because of it.

Butterfly90

Re: Really struggling

Postby Butterfly90 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:33 pm

that was supposed to say won't be surprised not will.

Robin Greenwood

Re: Really struggling

Postby Robin Greenwood » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:53 am

Hiya

You're not expected to cover the entire respiratory system in 440 words but what you'd cover I'd do so with a highly specific level of information so name the tissues and structures that you're discussing rather than talking in general terms. It is possible to get a distinction with the word count but you do need to be succinct and exact and I'd definitely not try to describe everything

Criteria 1.3 is about the respiratory control system, what controls the lungs, so it'd be talking about the respiratory centres in the medulla and pons and the way these monitor the cerebrospinal fluid and the blood for certain chemicals and factors to measure when respiration needs to be increased or decreased.

Criteria 2.2 is asking about the control system of the heart, so what do the sino atrial nodes and atrioventricular nodes do within each beat and how to they transmit their signal through the ventricles

I hope this helps

Robin

Return to “Gas exchange”