TAQ 4 - Disorders

shellybuz

TAQ 4 - Disorders

Postby shellybuz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Has anyone managed to stay within the word count for this TAQ?? I'm really struggling to get enough depth to my table without going way over the 400 words! 100 words per disorder seems a little mean for causes, symtoms, treatments and prognosis!!

Any ideas on how to reduce word count would be much appreciated!

Michelle xx

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 4 - Disorders

Postby Robin Greenwood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:50 am

Hiya

This is one of the ones that people would often send small books in before hand and so we simplified some of it, for the word count you're expected to do 2 disorders for gas and 2 for the circulatory system so I'd definitely keep the descriptions focused and concise, when discussing the causes it's a good idea to be exact but sparing as possible and use the word count on the symptoms and perhaps the medical interventions as well,

you'll find it gets easier with each one done so dont try to cover huge areas of illnesses, just the numbers within the questions

I hope this helps

Robin

shellybuz

Postby shellybuz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Thanks Robin yes that does help, I was struggling to find where to concentrate the most detail in order to cover the question so thank you!!

Michelle

Rachel21

Postby Rachel21 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Hello,

Is it enough just to compile lists under each heading within the table or should we be writing paragraphs?

So far I have written a list of symptoms and causes for each and I have already reached 200 words

Rachel

hannah-student

Postby hannah-student » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Hey,

Does a disease count as a disorder? for example congenital heart disease.

Robin Greenwood

Postby Robin Greenwood » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:54 am

Hiya

yup it does

Robin

Return to “Gas exchange”