Unit 10 TAQ 4

Ownedbbyrats

Unit 10 TAQ 4

Postby Ownedbbyrats » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Hello all i am currently writing the short essay on the heart and blood vessels. I understand the word count for the short essay, however i am really struggling to keep it anything under the 1000 ( i know you can go 100 words over) words. So far i am at 806 words and don't feel life i have fully answered the parts that i have written about, and i have yet to finish it, or even mention the blood vessels. I have included a picture which has helped me keep some of the word count down. So far i have written
An introduction
what the circulatory system consists of
The heart including the chambers and the membranes and cardiac muscle
Am now trying to include the cardiac cycle stages

I just feel as though as soon as i scratch the surface with any topic in a short essay, i've managed to go over the word count and not include everything i had set out too.

Can anyone offer an advice as to what i should and should not include

Thank in advance to anyone that can help!
Sabs

Hippychick

Re: Unit 10 TAQ 4

Postby Hippychick » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi there!

My essay was 1388 words plus the bibliography and three diagrams. My tutor told me that, as long as you stick to the criteria, it doesn't matter if your essays go over the recommended word count. The only problem is when you digress and start talking about areas not in the criteria. I was given a distinction for all my modules and I have to say, I went over the word count on nearly all modules.

I included what you have and then went on to describe the arteries, veins and arterioles.

Hope that helps; good luck!

HC x

Ownedbbyrats

Postby Ownedbbyrats » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:06 pm

Thank you hippy chick i managed to finish it just under 1100 words but have also included three pictures with some writing so am hoping its enough =0) thanks for the speedy reply

Loopy

Postby Loopy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:12 am

Just looked at mine, a little over 1600 words. Whoops. Haven't had it marked yet though. I really struggle not to go over the word count. I hate doing the essays as it feels so restrictve whereas the other TAQs you can really go to town over detail.

Return to “Gas exchange”