Ready tp pull my hair out! Or just quit!

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
kathdb

Ready tp pull my hair out! Or just quit!

Postby kathdb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:55 pm

I really can not get into this assessment! TAQ 1 The example doesn't really help as it is way over the required word count. I keep trying to read the materials but it's just not going in. I have had this assessment for goodness knows how long and just keep looking, getting stressed out and turning my computer off! Even my computer started smoking and pretty much blew up and is no longer useable! I blame this assessment haha!
I have just emailed tutor asking for help but i really really need the rest of my assessments to be D's and I can't see that happening with this one so keep thinking whats the point in carrying on if i can't even get the grades that are needed for uni!!!
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :cry: :cry: :cry:

MrJay87

Re: Ready tp pull my hair out! Or just quit!

Postby MrJay87 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Hey,

I haven't got this module yet so I can't be of much help unfortunately. Just wanted to say don't give up, have a phone conversation with your tutor and get as much help as possible; that's what they're there for.

This is my second Access course (not with DLC) so I know how demanding these courses can be. I remember feeling the same on the last Access course at college, it was incredibly stressful, but I stuck with it and utilised all the support that was available to me and passed with all the grades needed for uni. You can do it, you've just got to refuse to let it get to you. Take a day off, relax and come back to it.

Hope you manage to get through it. Hang on in there. :)

Jay
Last edited by MrJay87 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Access to HE (Science): Aug 2014 - June 2015 :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Studying BSc Diagnostic Radiography - Sept 2015 :handgestures-thumbupleft:

nurse1989

Postby nurse1989 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:16 am

whatever you do, do not give up!! I felt exactly the same with this module but I did it bit by bit and passed in the end. Definitely ask your tutor for help... put it in an email or phone- which ever is best.
But whatever you do keep going and just think about how far you have come already, you will thank yourself a few months down the line!!
Best wishes x

Genna

Postby Genna » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:35 am

Hiya,

I felt exactly the same way with this assigment! I spent the majority of Sunday sat at my computer crying cos I didn't know what on earth it was about! I also threatened on numerous times during the day to quit!

I didn't find the learning materials particulary helpful but the links that are given to you for different websites each questions helped alot. I uploaded my assignment last night so God knows what mark I'll get for it but honetly hang in there. It is a tough one but once it's done you can have a glass of wine!!lol

God luck,
Genna

Jason O' Mahoney
Head of Social Sciences

Postby Jason O' Mahoney » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:00 am

Hi,

Please have a tutorial with your tutor and they will be able to guide you. :thumbup:

Return to “Statistics”