CArrying out Practical Investigation Biology/ Huma Physiology

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
zoeshawki1671

CArrying out Practical Investigation Biology/ Huma Physiology

Postby zoeshawki1671 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:38 pm

Can anyone help me on the best way to work out my pulse rates for mean, median, mode, range and SD, and what is the best way to graph this?
I have gathered the heart rates of all my participants and we are analysing the PR2 scores only. On the table is says Beats per 5 second period. is this how many beats the heart does in 5 seconds during the middle of the test? im not sure about this so can someone explain this to me.

Is there any student out there who has done this process already who can give me some useful tips on how to produce the correct data for this. :pray:

Many thanks

Rebecca Smith

Re: CArrying out Practical Investigation Biology/ Huma Physiology

Postby Rebecca Smith » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi
When you are working out the mean median mode SD for your chart you should use the PR2 scores as you have recorded them - in beats per minute to make your calculations
It is only on the graph that beats per 5 seconds is needed, to turn beats per min into beats per 5 seconds you need to divide each PR2 score by 12
Hope this helps :crazy:

RuthB

Postby RuthB » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:56 am

Hi Rebecca,

Bit of a dumb question but is it possible to clarify for me what we are recording against the N on y-axis of bar chart? Is the N for each individual PR2 score or total number of participants in each personality type?

I'm confused!

Thanks,
Ruth
Onwards and upwards! :thumbup: [color=#000000][color=#0000BF][/color][/color]

Rebecca Smith

Postby Rebecca Smith » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi Ruth
On the graph N represents number of participants with each pulse rate. So if you group your pulse rates into categories such as 5 beats per 5 seconds, 6 beats per 5 seconds etc then you would record on the graph how many participants scored each of these
Hope this helps

Return to “Social Sciences & Psychology”