Research carrying out a practical investigation

Air your views. Talk about yourself, your family or even about nothing in particular!
Vikkitaylor1

Research carrying out a practical investigation

Postby Vikkitaylor1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:38 am

Hello I’m really struggling with this assessment.
Before I start the experiment, do I find out the type of personality first then make sure I have 5 male type A and 5 female type A. Then 5 male type B and 5 female Type B.
Last edited by Karen Hayday on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: put in her e-mail address

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Research carrying out a practical investigation

Postby Karen Hayday » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:42 am

Sorry I have taken out your e-mail address as this is an open forum and I would not like you to get lots of spam I will get our curriculum leader to contact you.

Best wishes

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Vikkitaylor1

Postby Vikkitaylor1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:52 am

Sorry I’m new to this forum thanks you

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:54 am

Not a problem at all

Karen :thumbup:
DLC Executive Director

Vikkitaylor1

Postby Vikkitaylor1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Also what do I need to do on TAQ 3 and 4 if I don’t want to change it

Rebecca Smith

Postby Rebecca Smith » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi

I'm Rebecca the curriculum leader for this assessment - can I just check before I answer your question is it PLANNING a practical investigation that you are on (rather than carrying out) as we don't have a TAQ 3 and 4 on the carrying out assessment

Thanks

Vikkitaylor1

Postby Vikkitaylor1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:11 pm

Sorry it planning your right I’m so stressed with this. Thank you

Vikkitaylor1

Re: Research planning out a practical investigation

Postby Vikkitaylor1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Hello can anyone help on the timeframe log please

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi Vikki,
I have been in touch with Rebecca again and also took the opportunity to ask your tutor to get in touch as you obviously need help. In the mean time, a time frame log is just simply putting down the time it takes to do each bit of the assessment and is there to show time management which is part of the assessment criterion. What we find is a lot of adult learners expect things to be harder than they are, and therefore if something seems obvious they can't believe it is that obvious. So please stop worrying, we will help you though this.

Best wishes
Karen

PS If you think that you need more help than do send questions to your tutor via e-mail and they will answer them for you, also if you are not quite sure that something you have written is not quite right send that bit to your tutor for them to look at and ask for a tutorial. Although you are not allowed by QAA rules to send in full drafts you are allowed to ask questions and to check if things are right. That is what your tutor is therefore and they know their stuff and will be very willing to help.
DLC Executive Director

Rebecca Smith

Postby Rebecca Smith » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:29 am

Hi

Hope Karen's advice helped you Vikki - I noticed that you also asked about TAQ 3 and TAQ4 in your original question - and I wasn't sure if it was the planning or carrying out assessment. Are you OK with these now?

TAQ3 is asking you to write about the various parts of the research such as the aim and hypotheses, the participants and procedure. Understanding what these terms mean by looking them up in the materials will really help, as will talking through with your tutor about your research.

TAQ 4 asks you if you would like to revise your aim - you do not have to do this if you think the aim you originally wrote in TAQ 3 is still appropriate.

Please do take the opportunity to discuss this assessment with your tutor in a tutorial - this may be very useful for you

Return to “General Discussion and Chat”