Certificates

Air your views. Talk about yourself, your family or even about nothing in particular!
Bex86

Certificates

Postby Bex86 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi. I've had an offer from Anglia Ruskin in Chelmsford for their Adult nursing course on condition that certain elements have been met. One of those elements is that they want my certificates from the DLC to proove I have the correct amount of distinction and merit credits needed to qualify for the course( which I have). I emailed my tutor who has replied that the certificates won't be sent out from the awarding body until August!! I have 30 days left to reply to the offer. What am I to do? I need those certificates asap otherwise I am going to lose my place! Any advice please?

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Certificates

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon May 08, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi Bex,
Number 1 stop panicking you will not lose your place, as no access student in the country has their certificates yet if they are going for June certification which I believe that you are.

Take a deep breath and send a copy of your letter from the university to student services for the attention of Jane Dowd, plus who you are what course you were on etc. She will contact the university for you, it is all part of our service.

What may have happened is that the university has mistakenly believed that you have already been certificated and therefore will want the certificates, but as you have not yet done so, there is no need to worry. Your results will go through to the university with all the level 3 results such as A levels, Btec nationals etc. through UCAS just like everyone else’s will. This is the system for all UK results and therefore this is generally what the universities expect. In the meantime contact Jane and she will help you.

Best wishes

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Bex86

Postby Bex86 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Phew. Thank you Karen. That's a load off my mind. I'll contact Jane asap. :thumbup:

Bane Harper

Postby Bane Harper » Fri May 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Hello Bex, From what you are describing it is obvious they misunderstood you as previously certified candidate. If you present your case to the Chelmsford they will hopefully help you out...Best of Luck!!

Return to “General Discussion and Chat”