I'm due to start next week

Air your views. Talk about yourself, your family or even about nothing in particular!
Janicebt

I'm due to start next week

Postby Janicebt » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:57 pm

How long before I start should I get an email from my tutor. I have known for two week who it is... I did email and introduce my self last week with no reply :doh:

My start date is 2/4/17 but that's not going to happen only day this week I'm not working is 5/4/17 so it's the only day I can have calls as I work in operating theatres and very difficult to take calls (if you know anything about the environment) the patient on the table will always take prioty.. im sorry if tutor calls n I can't take the call. Im scanning my junk folder every night when I get home..

I'm asked by my employer NHS questions that I need to get answers to to be granted study leave and rota to allow for the tutor times but again no reply..

The things that my CPF and line manager need to know are:
* *How many study hours I need each week on average.
* *how often will I have to be home for Skype,phone calls etc with my tutor i.e. Weekly, forghtnighty, monthly?
* *Exams when and how much time?
* *is there any supervised practice in the clinical setting required that I need to organise?

I did get an email from student services:- referring us to the student hand book but there is nothing in there about the average amounts out of time I know this is more tailored to the Individual but I have asked for. Funding to do this and it have been rejected as my trust no longer recognises the HHE access to Nursing but if I van give average time i.e. In hours etc then I can get my rota arranged so that I'm not to working 7 days a week to pay for this degree and study work is trying to help me out where they can but I'm asking questions now so that I have the answers ..

Karen

Re: I'm due to start next week

Postby Karen » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:12 am

Hi Janice

As your start date is today, I would imagine you'll be receiving an email from your tutor tomorrow morning! I would suggest you email the tutor again (maybe today) if you know you'll not be able to respond any sooner that the 5/4/17, just to explain your working schedule.

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

Karen

Postby Karen » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:19 am

Janicebt wrote:How long before I start should I get an email from my tutor. I have known for two week who it is... I did email and introduce my self last week with no reply :doh:

My start date is 2/4/17 but that's not going to happen only day this week I'm not working is 5/4/17 so it's the only day I can have calls as I work in operating theatres and very difficult to take calls (if you know anything about the environment) the patient on the table will always take prioty.. im sorry if tutor calls n I can't take the call. Im scanning my junk folder every night when I get home..

I'm asked by my employer NHS questions that I need to get answers to to be granted study leave and rota to allow for the tutor times but again no reply..

The things that my CPF and line manager need to know are:
* *How many study hours I need each week on average.
* *how often will I have to be home for Skype,phone calls etc with my tutor i.e. Weekly, forghtnighty, monthly?
* *Exams when and how much time?
* *is there any supervised practice in the clinical setting required that I need to organise?

I did get an email from student services:- referring us to the student hand book but there is nothing in there about the average amounts out of time I know this is more tailored to the Individual but I have asked for. Funding to do this and it have been rejected as my trust no longer recognises the HHE access to Nursing but if I van give average time i.e. In hours etc then I can get my rota arranged so that I'm not to working 7 days a week to pay for this degree and study work is trying to help me out where they can but I'm asking questions now so that I have the answers ..

Answers to your questions are as follows:

Study hours you need -- Entirely up to yourself (It's online - you study when it's possible)
Skype, phone calls -- Email your tutor with the day and time that you are available, your tutor will then to arrange around your schedule
Exams -- There is usually two exams that you take (Done via Skype and last 30 minutes - again this will need to be arranged around your schedule)
Supervised practice -- No

Hope this helps you! :thumbup:

Anything else just ask away and someone will try to answer your query!

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

Janicebt

Postby Janicebt » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:54 am

Ok will email tutor yet again today!!! But i was of the understanding tbat they were suposed to contact me with an email a week or so before i start seein im supposed to start today... and no email..

WaldoHar

Postby WaldoHar » Wed May 31, 2017 3:10 pm

Janiceebt wrote:Ok will email tutor yet again today!!! But i was of the understanding tbat they were suposed to contact me with an email a week or so before i start seein im supposed to start today... and no email..

How's it going Janice?
Last edited by WaldoHar on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best fat burners ranked!

Bane Harper

Postby Bane Harper » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:17 am

Hi Janice did you get the reply for the tutor?

Return to “General Discussion and Chat”