Very important Information to all Ascentis finishers

Air your views. Talk about yourself, your family or even about nothing in particular!
Kal Menon

Very important Information to all Ascentis finishers

Postby Kal Menon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Well done and congratulations External Moderation is now complete. images/smilies/icon_thumbup.gif

The completion of moderation means that the external moderators have all been into the centre and confirmed the grades your tutors have recommended. The result of which is that the overall grade for each unit on your student record (which you can view at any time) will be the same as will be shown on your diploma.

The next stage in the process is the examination board at Ascentis which is on Tuesday 6th December. After the examination board the Awarding Body will input all your results and certification will commence.

The certificates themselves will be with you early January 2017. These will be in the name you initially registered with us. If your name has changed since this date and you have not already told us please contact exams by Sunday 11th December 2016 at the latest.

We will send certificates by registered post (requiring a signature upon delivery) and will write to you again from exams as we post them out so that you know when to expect them. It is therefore imperative that the address you have given us, is the address you would like the results to go to. So please check that your contact details on 'My account'- 'my contact details' and update your account on receipt of this e-mail, the final date for any changes to your contact details is Sunday 11th December 2016.

It is up to you to keep your account up to date, if you fail to do so, some considerable delay can ensue in re sending or reissuing certificates and there is a fee for this service.

Finally, if you have not already done so, please take the time to show the world what you have achieved by sending us either a review of how you found the course, along with a picture of yourself for our 'Hall of fame', or if you prefer then put a review on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/distancelearningcentredotcom/.

We will also be getting in contact shortly with those of you who have been nominated for the Fab 5 awards http://www.distancelearningcentre.com/fab5.php.

We all wish you the very best in everything you do in future.

Kal Menon
Exams Officer

Karen

Re: Very important Information to all Ascentis finishers

Postby Karen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Excellent news!!

Well done to everyone that has completed this time :thumbup:

I'm sure we are all looking forward to receiving our certificates :D

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

carrotcruncher

Postby carrotcruncher » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:38 pm

Well done to those who completed :)

sb91

Postby sb91 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:08 pm

Thank you Kal!

Does that mean that the grades shown on my DLC can now no longer change? I.e. the exam board have no say in grading?

Could I ask when we would be able to request a final transcript of confirmed grades to supply to the universities?

Thanks!

Kal Menon

Postby Kal Menon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:31 pm

Yes, that is correct. The grades on your DLC account are final and cannot be changed.

If your university require a letter of moderated results sending to them I would require the email where they state this to be forwarded to me at exams@distancelearningcentre.com along with the below completed details and can send it any time from now. If you have not got an email from your university requesting your results prior to you receiving your certificates please contact them and request that they send you a quick confirmation email of what they require from us and I will then be happy to send a letter if required.

Full Name:
DOB:
Access Course Completed:
University Course Applied For:
UCAS/University Number:
University Liaison/Contact:
Contact/Liaison Email Address:

Return to “General Discussion and Chat”