Further study skills presentatiom

Air your views. Talk about yourself, your family or even about nothing in particular!
hayz1987

Further study skills presentatiom

Postby hayz1987 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Hello

I'm on TAQ 2 in how to prepare for a presentation where there is a 700 word count for section a- can someone tell me if this is just a spoken presentation with handouts or a computer powerpoint one? Do we have to write out all of what we will be saying or just the plan? 700 words seems alot just for a plan?

Thankyou

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Re: Further study skills presentatiom

Postby Rhia Hayday » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi - it is anticipated that you will do a presentation without a PPT, but this is because not everybody will be able to use a projector etc (which you would need to show the PPT to your audience). If you can do this, then you can use it.

The word count is for the plan - it needs to be thorough and detailed and include the sources that you will be using (personally, I would write it as more than a basic plan, and more along the lines of what you'll be saying/discussing), along with your notes for timings. If you don't get near the 700 words it really doesn't matter - the word counts are there as an indicator, not as a rule. As long as your work for the TAQs that have word counts are between 1000-1500 when you have completed the assessment, then you're fine.
Curriculum Manager

Return to “General Discussion and Chat”