New Laptop

Air your views. Talk about yourself, your family or even about nothing in particular!
KirstyM

Re: New Laptop

Postby KirstyM » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi Rhia,

Thanks so much for your reply. I have given up for now and reverted back to our desktop computer but was hoping a new laptop would give me a bit more freedom of where I can study. I have managed to export the document to word but when completing the TAQ answer sheet, the font keeps reverting back to the default setting of Times Roman size 12! I've googled how to change it but I must be doing something wrong because now and again it changes back. I thought it had to be written in Arial, size 11 but are you saying it doesn't matter as long as it's clear? That would make life a lot easier.

I will have to find time at the weekend to have a good look at it but need every spare moment during the evenings to get on with my assignment.

Kirsty

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Postby Rhia Hayday » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:12 am

Hi Kirsty
The last thing that we want to do is hinder your progress over a font! As long as it is clear it will be ok. But do feel free to email me the document if you want me to have a look at it: r.hayday@distance...
Curriculum Manager

KirstyM

Postby KirstyM » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 pm

Thanks Rhia for your reply. I think I'm getting there -I'll feel happier once I've uploaded the assignment so ill know if I'm on the right track.
Watch this space!!

KirstyM

Postby KirstyM » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Hi, me again!!

I've just completed an assessment (the first on my MacBook) which after some getting used to worked fine. I was able to export the TAQ answer sheet to a word document and upload it successfully but I came across a hurdle with the turnitin report as I couldn't export this to word and it would not upload so had to resort to using my desktop to do this. I had the same issue when trying to upload my ILP's.
Is this just me being dim? (probably) and is there an easy way to overcome this?
I have just downloaded OpenOffice hoping this might be easier but I'm not sure if it will make any different when I come to uploading stuff to DLC.
Any 'straightforward' advice (not too 'techy') would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Kirsty

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Postby Rhia Hayday » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:17 am

Hi Kirsty
The Turnitin report will download from Turnitin as a PDF - it's this that you should upload to your DLC account.
Hope this helps :)
Curriculum Manager

Fionamarvin10

Postby Fionamarvin10 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:19 am

congratulations :)

Return to “General Discussion and Chat”