Nursing Access

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
Katiemariefryer90

Nursing Access

Postby Katiemariefryer90 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:40 pm

If you have put a completion date of say a year from your course, can you complete it quicker? or do you have to pay per module, my payment plan is currently at a year. If i pay it sooner can I complete the course sooner. I understand that the final grade depends on moderation dates but would I atleast receive my predicted grades per module.

nicole87

Re: Nursing Access

Postby nicole87 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:03 am

The course price is the same regardless of how quickly you complete the course. I believe that you split payments out over a set period of time to help manage your finances. I am sure that you can credit your account as well. Hopefully Karen will be along to clarify this for you though.

carrotcruncher

Postby carrotcruncher » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:55 am

From the course agreement :

Course Fee instalments are payments towards the total cost of the course. They are not payments for a specific period of tuition. Instalments are calculated according to your Target Completion Date which can be changed on agreement between you and your tutor during the course. Bringing the date forward may increase your instalments (fees must be paid in full by the time you complete) and extending it may reduce your instalments but may also take you past the maximum days of study such that Extension Tuition Fees may become due on expiry of the maximum days.

Katiemariefryer90

Postby Katiemariefryer90 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:35 pm

So if I really get a move on (I know its quite unrealistic) I could meet may/June moderation or novembers moderation even though my last installment on my course is next january.

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Postby Rhia Hayday » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:55 am

Hi - your target completion date is both for your course installments, and for your study progress. So if you have 12 months set for your TCD, then you will be studying for 12 months. If you are beating your ILP, and want to complete the course quicker, then that's absolutely fine. But your TCD will need to change too. Have a chat with your tutor. Bear in mind that if you're on 12 months now, and want to complete in 6, your monthly installments would essentially double... You will always be moved to the next closest moderation date to your TCD. So if you aim to complete in May, you'd be down for June moderation. If your TCD is July, you'd be down for Nov moderation.

Hope this answers your question ?
Curriculum Manager

Return to “Teaching”