planning a research project (social issues in health care)

mwillard

planning a research project (social issues in health care)

Postby mwillard » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:47 am

So I'm finding it hard to get my head around with what i have actual got to do. Ive chosen child poverty and have been looking at newspapers for research. But what am i looking for? :crazy: I have had a chat with my tutor regarding what i have to do but still confused. Please can some one point me in the correct direction for this. I feel like I'm on the wrong tracks and its got be in by 6th oct???? aaaahhhhhhh

Rebecca Smith

Re: planning a research project (social issues in health care)

Postby Rebecca Smith » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi
The method for this investigation is a content analysis. I think that this method is much easier to plan coherently once you have had a trial run of what you are trying to do.
Get lots of newspapers - online is fine - look for articles on child poverty - read them and try to come up with a chart to quantify the information you are reading - developing categories and classifications for things as you read about them.
Once you have done this you can then write your assessment based on a scaled up version of what you have undertaken
This approach is called a pilot study and its a good way of designing logical and practical research proposals
Good luck

Megwilldo

Postby Megwilldo » Wed May 30, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi,

I am currently on this assessment and I am confused also. With poverty do you chose either child poverty or just poverty?

And by chart do you mean a tally chart or histogram etc?

Dominic Quaintrell
DLC Staff

Postby Dominic Quaintrell » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:51 am

Hi Megwilldo,

The additional resources in the TAQ document are mainly geared to Child Poverty, so it would be an idea to focus on that area. By chart, we mean something such as a pie chart which would allow the reader to see the proportion of which words were captured during the content analysis.

Hope this helps!

Lauzza175

Postby Lauzza175 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 pm

HI
I am about to start this assessment and I have read through it over 4 times now and still not a clue what I am supposed to be doing. I am booked in for a tutorial tomorrow but I really want to crack on. Any pointers would be great please. My title is to do with implications of Poverty.
What is the whole 'previous research' box about? I have filled in the box for TAQ1b but not a clue with TAQ1a?? thanks in advance.

Return to “Social Work/Social Science”